Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 28th March 2007, 18:19   #1
Jamie
Posted a thing or two

In Limbo

Default Check your windscreen...

After my marathon service at the weekend I have now noticed that since repairing the windscreen gap, the 'Reed like' buzzing from the dash has gone completely and the Creaking/cracking sound from the right hand side of the screen has reduced significantly.

Just to re-cap....when you next clean out your plenum drains, remove both wipers and the plastic screen trim, then check the sealant under the windscreen with something like a set of feeler gauges....(Do not lever against the glass!) you may find as I did, that in places there is absolutely no selant/adhesive between the screen and body...my feeler gauge went right into the dash area....I re-sealed it with clear silicon sealant which is just as strong as windscreen adhesive and easily wire brushed away if you need a replacement screen.

last but not least put some sealant under the plastic trim retainer clips to stop water seeping behind them and into the footwell. I have to thank two other owners for suggesting these mods...I think... Simon and Ti Rich?

Jamie

DOH...just seen Zebs Thread...beat me to it!!

Last edited by Jamie; 28th March 2007 at 18:22..
Old 28th March 2007, 18:28   #2
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie-Biker in a suit View Post
After my marathon service at the weekend I have now noticed that since repairing the windscreen gap, the 'Reed like' buzzing from the dash has gone completely and the Creaking/cracking sound from the right hand side of the screen has reduced significantly.

Just to re-cap....when you next clean out your plenum drains, remove both wipers and the plastic screen trim, then check the sealant under the windscreen with something like a set of feeler gauges....(Do not lever against the glass!) you may find as I did, that in places there is absolutely no selant/adhesive between the screen and body...my feeler gauge went right into the dash area....I re-sealed it with clear silicon sealant which is just as strong as windscreen adhesive and easily wire brushed away if you need a replacement screen.

last but not least put some sealant under the plastic trim retainer clips to stop water seeping behind them and into the footwell. I have to thank two other owners for suggesting these mods...I think... Simon and Ti Rich?

Jamie

DOH...just seen Zebs Thread...beat me to it!!
Old 28th March 2007, 19:04   #3
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Locking this one.
Closed Thread