Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th January 2017, 09:37   #1
Mogodon
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 135+ Diesel Auto Mk2. Nisan Micra 1.4 SVE Auto.

Default Webuyany car.com surprise.

Next door neighbours son had an MG ZS180, owned from new on 03 plate, 87k, usual scuffs and marks comensurate with age and mileage.

Needed belts doing, new starter motor (occasionally jamming) and alternator light occasionally giving the od flicker.

Decided not worth spending upwards of a grand on so went and bought a brand new Ford Focus. Dealer initially declined even taking the MG for nothing but eventually offered £50 !!!!!!

He then rang webuyanycar.com who after inspection offered him £205 which he took gladly.

Was gobsmacked that initially he couldn't even give it away !!!!!!
Plenum spyhole mod. Powerflow backbox. 11 spoke alloys repainted Black Sparkle. Black Expansion tank. Drivers side cup holder. PPD carpeted heater box sides. Illuminated sun visors, PPD Door reflectors. PPD Seatbelt lower mount bolt covers. PPD Drivers grab handle. Cubby rechargeable torch and power socket. FBH retro-fitted. FBH engine pre-heater mod done. Electric rear Sunblind. Tow bar. Flip key. MGR towing mirrors and Saloon roof bars.

Hand Built in Birmingham
Mogodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2017, 12:24   #2
Old Mally
Regular poster

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer

We buy any car are owned by BCA.
They quote a value they think they can beat at auction, and knock you down a bit on viewing.
They tend to go on condition though, ie what you can see.
I know people with dodgy gearboxes etc who have got rid through them.
Old Mally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2017, 17:00   #3
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

It can work for some people but as has been said they rarely give what they offer. I know of somebody who was offered £3500 for a 2 year old Citroen and when he went for the appointment they claimed it had been resprayed. it had not and was immaculate he just needed the cash quickly for a business deal. In the end he sold it to a dealer for £4000 the following day.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2017, 20:47   #4
Southside
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

My mates a car dealer and buys a lot of webuyanycar stuff from bca auctions. They sell under the ukcgr brand.

It's hit and miss, he bids accordingly as a lot of cars do have varying degree of problems yet others have turned out to be perfect. He bought a 56 plate Volvo S80 last week, 2.4 D5 top spec with all the toys and sat nav, 179k but good history and it owes him £1200 after fees, I've driven it and it's a stunning car. Cheapest ones online are still over £2k.

As already stated though webuyanycar do not mechanically inspect the cars so it is an easy way to palm off a lemon.
Southside is offline   Reply With Quote