Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th March 2008, 11:59   #21
The Yellow Peril
Posted a thing or two

Primrose Yellow 75 V6 Conn SE

Default I had a skoda once

Seriously

My Wife bought a Skoda C130 CONVERTABLE. (limited editon of 50) You can imagine the number of Skip joke she had to put up with, but it was a great car. We toured Scotland several years running, the only real problem was that when you got up to 70 mph (eventually) the soft top used to detach itself from the car as it was only held on with press studs and velcro.

I well remember holding the roof down for hour after hour whilst traveling up the M6 to the highlands.

I'll post a propper picture of it if anyone's interested

Andrew
Lovingly cared for, since 2000
The Yellow Peril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2008, 16:10   #22
baxlin
This is my second home

Volvo C70 Convertible and JZR 3 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by andygz View Post
the soft top used to detach itself from the car as it was only held on with press studs and velcro.

Andrew
The Frogeye Sprite alledgedly did that, but I must admit mine never did, as the top was always DOWN. I thought that was the idea of buying a ragtop car.............

(My JZR's not even got a roof to put up)
baxlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 09:41   #23
Tim_Burgess
This is my second home

1999 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, 2000 75 Classic SE 2.0, 2012 Lancia Delta 3, 2016 Dacia Sandero Ambiance

Hi Phil & welcome to the Club,

Sounds like a great deal getting a 75 for a Punto. Strangely, I did the same thing and swapped a Honda Accord Coupe for my current 75, believe me it was a good move and it will be for you too I'm sure
Old 7th March 2008, 20:27   #24
DavidJ
Avid contributor

MG6 & MG TF

Quote:
Originally Posted by andygz View Post

Seriously

My Wife bought a Skoda C130 CONVERTABLE. (limited editon of 50) You can imagine the number of Skip joke she had to put up with, but it was a great car. We toured Scotland several years running, the only real problem was that when you got up to 70 mph (eventually) the soft top used to detach itself from the car as it was only held on with press studs and velcro.

I well remember holding the roof down for hour after hour whilst traveling up the M6 to the highlands.

I'll post a propper picture of it if anyone's interested

Andrew
Not wanting to Hijack Phils thread, but I would like to see a picture of the C130 (surely there were more than 50, I saw loads and even test drove one once at a Garage in Rochdale - Noel Clegg!!). I sometimes daydream about picking up an estelle in good order. Neither of mine ever let me down and they were very easy to work on. A true budget car, much maligned by the press.
DavidJ is offline   Reply With Quote