Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: Scotland
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 4th January 2015, 19:23   #21
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Calm down and have a wee dram George.

T4 Location Map
Old 4th January 2015, 20:09   #22
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Whoa there's nothing wrong with the Union Flag and made in Britain theme and that's from a true and proud patriot
Old 5th January 2015, 16:45   #23
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

I see nothing wrong in Glenn's theme of Made In Britain. It's inspired if you ask me, and just like the cars we drive many of our members represent and were made in Britain.

Now granted if Glenn was considering entering a political rally with the meet, then I could see George's point, but this is a stand alone car rally and as such must be seen in context.

I certainly wouldn't consider covering any of the badge work or club stickers on my car purely based upon where I was taking it for a static car display.

Please folks, either enter into the spirit of this meet as it was intended, or just agree to bow out with grace. But we neither want a political bun fight between members in this thread nor at the meet come the day.
Old 5th January 2015, 21:19   #24
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
I see nothing wrong in Glenn's theme of Made In Britain. It's inspired if you ask me, and just like the cars we drive many of our members represent and were made in Britain.

Now granted if Glenn was considering entering a political rally with the meet, then I could see George's point, but this is a stand alone car rally and as such must be seen in context.

I certainly wouldn't consider covering any of the badge work or club stickers on my car purely based upon where I was taking it for a static car display.

Please folks, either enter into the spirit of this meet as it was intended, or just agree to bow out with grace. But we neither want a political bun fight between members in this thread nor at the meet come the day.
Not a problem because I wont be there .

Was very proud last year to help win the club trophy but plastering my car with a Union Flag and wearing a Union jack T-Shirt is a step too far .

As I said yesterday I wont hold the Scottish scene back .

I will just choose my events in future .

I hope the troops do well at the meet .

Last edited by FLYER; 5th January 2015 at 21:52..
Old 5th January 2015, 23:04   #25
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Default Union Jacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post

Was very proud last year to help win the club trophy but plastering my car with a Union Flag and wearing a Union jack T-Shirt is a step too far .

Hi

While I can see both viewpoints to this I have to agree with George. Overdoing the Union Jack thing will not go down well there. You will certainly not win the trophy again. As for the statement 'covering up badges on our cars' nobody was suggesting that. I think our stand looked grand with the 'Rover' theme. We had Rover flags etc. I think that is what our theme should be.
I think that it would be wise not to go for the Union Jack theme and concentrate on the Rover theme. Just my viewpoint and others are if course available as the BBC would say.
Old 5th January 2015, 23:09   #26
keithybhoy
Banned

MG ZT-T190

I think i might be attending this one with the scottish mg rover facebook page. Iv set up pol for us too for april so wont be going to that with the 75/zt oc either ☺☺
Old 6th January 2015, 01:57   #27
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Too far for me, four hours each way innit, sorry......
Old 6th January 2015, 06:16   #28
Graham1961
Moderator / RS East Scotland

Rover 75 1.8 Conn Se saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraeus View Post
Hi

While I can see both viewpoints to this I have to agree with George. Overdoing the Union Jack thing will not go down well there. You will certainly not win the trophy again. As for the statement 'covering up badges on our cars' nobody was suggesting that. I think our stand looked grand with the 'Rover' theme. We had Rover flags etc. I think that is what our theme should be.
I think that it would be wise not to go for the Union Jack theme and concentrate on the Rover theme. Just my viewpoint and others are if course available as the BBC would say.
I have 3 Rover flags......
Old 6th January 2015, 08:32   #29
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
Too far for me, four hours each way innit, sorry......
Lightweight........
Old 6th January 2015, 09:09   #30
Yella Fella
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

None at the moment

Thanked 1,094 Times in 666 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post

George,
Rather than decide the theme or show is not for you and quietly bow out as suggested you have taken this thread and good intentions of the show off in an negative direction by stamping your political stance by posting with mentions of unionists, nationalism and the national front etc. Totally uncalled for.

Nowhere does it say you should plaster your car with a union flag or wear a union jack t-shirt so you are entirely wrong. Please re visit the original post for correct information as your posting of incorrect information (deliberately or not) will mislead others who may believe they are being asked to do this which can negatively impact on members decisions who want to attend.

Due to the negative input I’m now in a difficult position as I need to decide whether to continue or not, all based on the unnecessary political viewpoints and I will ask for this thread to be closed.

YF.

Last edited by Yella Fella; 6th January 2015 at 09:12..
Closed Thread