Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th June 2016, 21:33   #11
skyhigh102

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Seeking Expert Advice

Hi, Everyone,
Just like to say a very big thank you for all the help and advice.
I am going to get the repairs done, I would have been able to do most of these myself, but in 2014 I had to have emergency surgery to remove two discs that was compressing my spinal cord, now I am left with a number of problems with walking, balance and sensation, so cannot do much for myself these days.
I have got new discs, pads and shoes ready to be fitted, so Monday I'll give my local garage a call and get a price for the work that needs doing, they have always been good with my other cars, and labour costs are very reasonable.
When I said I had been ripped off, it was because of the MOT that came with the car, the MOT has no advisories, and yet the brake pipes are very badly corroded, I guess they must have been pretty rusty on the last MOT, and it had no hand brake at all.
I know everyone is absolutely right, I know all the problems are normal wear and tear things that happens to all cars, I love the car very much, and will have all the work done that it needs.
I have nearly always had Nissan cars, that have been very reliable and cheap to run, but the Rover 75 is a car I have always admired, it reminds me so much of the Rover P6 3500 I had in the early 80s.
Every time I go out into the street, I see all these new cars parked by the road, all look very much the same, and there's my Rover 75 that stands out from the others, like a work of art with prestige and quality, my partner who often drives the car said to me one day, that when you drive this car you seem to get respect from other motorists.
Once again, Thank You for all your help.
I hope to get to one of the meetings some day soon, but just now we have too many Doctors and Hospital appointments.
skyhigh102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2016, 07:59   #12
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

It is gutting when problems are found with a car.
I had a rear spring snap but never knew until I went to change other parts. So it is possible these may not have been noticed. Myu spring could have been snapped at the last mot the end looked so rusty
Wheels, try ebay or a scrap yard. I paid £6 for an alloy from bay.

yes the car can end up costing more then its worth but your items dont sound the death knell for the car

Good luck.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote