Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th December 2019, 16:37   #1
bill4561948

rover 75 saloon

Exclamation clunking front suspension 2005 cdti

i purchased 2005 75 cdti saloon 63,000 miles,3 weeks ago, needs working on,all quite easy to do,bulbs etc,the only annoying thing is it had new front suspension springs fitted i yr ago and when i'm driving it's clunking,new top mounts fitted at same time please help what do you think it is...many thanks
bill4561948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2019, 17:22   #2
Coups
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill4561948 View Post
i purchased 2005 75 cdti saloon 63,000 miles,3 weeks ago, needs working on,all quite easy to do,bulbs etc,the only annoying thing is it had new front suspension springs fitted i yr ago and when i'm driving it's clunking,new top mounts fitted at same time please help what do you think it is...many thanks
Hi Bill. Assuming the struts are fine the most likely cause of a front clunk on our cars is the droplinks. Any ones apart from the original factory fitted items seem to be hit or miss as to quality and longevity in service. Theres plenty of info on the pros and cons and even a comprehensive 'how to' and there replacement. It's an easy and cheap job.

Although the most likely other culprits could be the anti roll bar bushes or ball joints. Best get under there with torch and a pry bar. Should be obvious although you may need to jack up a wheel (support your car safely!) Before getting in there to wiggle stuff about.

Best of luck.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Coups is offline   Reply With Quote