Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Traders Shops & Members Spares For-Sale > Members Own Spares For Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th February 2023, 15:05   #1
CapnT
Regular poster

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE Saloon (Facelift)

Default Dash, alternator for 75

Well, I sold my 75 2.5 and to be honest I was both glad and sad to see it go! It was a poorly designed and badly built piece of British "engineering"! Such a shame as I had always perceived the 75 as a return to the wonderful hand built models my father drove - the ‘36 Rover 12 in the 50’s up to the limo-esque P5B. But it came up disappointingly short, flattering to deceive from day one! This was never going to be an issue, I soon discovered, if you are either able to continually throw money at it and have a third party fix it, or have an automotive lift or trolley jacks and axle stands - I have neither, so an unpleasant decision had to be taken, and my 35k miles distraction had to go. In its place, I now have a very rewarding S type Jaguar that has gone for over a month now with nothing breaking!
As a result, I have some 75 bits left over that I would like to re home.

I have a used Alternator that was replaced by the previous owner in error. It was a faulty battery! £25
A complete wooden dash £50
5 used but entirely serviceable coil overs £10

Please pm if interested. Better to have a look on eBay etc as no interest here!

Last edited by CapnT; 21st February 2023 at 14:30.. Reason: Addendum
CapnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2023, 18:10   #2
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

i think you just bought " one of those cars " with the rover. it happens and depends a lot on the previous owners and its service history . still i wish you all the best in the future with the jag and hope she turns out a good buy. however, you may benefit with a visit to a taylors shop to have a pair of trousers made for you with even deeper pockets. in fact get some with extentions down to your ankles if possible ... you may well find you need them. ... joking aside i wish you all the best .... but bear in mind !!!
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2023, 18:57   #3
CapnT
Regular poster

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE Saloon (Facelift)

Many thanks! Already have those ankle dragging pockets of which you mention, I previously owned a Rover 75 if you remember! So far no pressing expenditure yet on its brilliant replacement or on immediate horizon, and it is proving to be an amazing car to own and drive, but who knows what tomorrow will bring, as it is after all a mechanical contrivance!

Last edited by CapnT; 21st February 2023 at 14:36.. Reason: Sitrep update.
CapnT is offline   Reply With Quote