Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 15th July 2020, 13:17   #31
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

And rest!

This thread is now closed. Infighting and breaches of rule 1 (You can find in the faq) are not acceptable.

I’m having my lunch with the family now, and will deal with those participating later.
Old 15th July 2020, 13:22   #32
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts
Default Just putting FB my side of the story across

Seeing as the other thread has been closed I shall just put my side of the story across here...

This is regarding Dawns car (Bones) as Jamie welsh has accused me of damaging the engine, the engine was rebuilt as it was delivered on a pallet from Tom force with evidence of coolant leaking from the water pump and cylinder head.

I fitted the engine as it arrived so that I could show dawn the condition it was delivered in (pictures and videos were sent to prove the leaks)

Once rebuilt, the engine was filled with a light solution of antifreeze as it was Dawns intention to swap out the heater matrix once the engine had a few miles on it.

Now bear in mind, I delivered the car back to Dawn at the June east Kirkby meet where there would be no chance of the water in the engine freezing g,she then sold the car on to another member.

Now how I can be held responsible for causing the engine to become damaged is beyond me as it was now in the hands of a new owner, tbh e work was done in summer and the damaged happened during winter.

The accusations are akin to blaming Goodyear for your new tyres being bald months after purchase!?!
Old 15th July 2020, 13:36   #33
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

Farcebook is full of "experts" Andy, two you have just mentioned, we know the truth so you've no need to explain yourself mate.
Old 15th July 2020, 13:38   #34
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched View Post
Farcebook is full of "experts" Andy, two you have just mentioned, we know the truth so you've no need to explain yourself mate.

The new members here might have only heard one side of the story though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15th July 2020, 14:29   #35
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched View Post
Spot on

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Old 15th July 2020, 14:40   #36
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Seeing as the other thread has been closed I shall just put my side of the story across here...

This is regarding Dawns car (Bones) as Jamie welsh has accused me of damaging the engine, the engine was rebuilt as it was delivered on a pallet from Tom force with evidence of coolant leaking from the water pump and cylinder head.

I fitted the engine as it arrived so that I could show dawn the condition it was delivered in (pictures and videos were sent to prove the leaks)

Once rebuilt, the engine was filled with a light solution of antifreeze as it was Dawns intention to swap out the heater matrix once the engine had a few miles on it.

Now bear in mind, I delivered the car back to Dawn at the June east Kirkby meet where there would be no chance of the water in the engine freezing g,she then sold the car on to another member.

Now how I can be held responsible for causing the engine to become damaged is beyond me as it was now in the hands of a new owner, tbh e work was done in summer and the damaged happened during winter.

The accusations are akin to blaming Goodyear for your new tyres being bald months after purchase!?!
At least get my name right! I didn't accuse you of damaging the engine. I was just very surprised that there was not enough antifreeze in the engine just for the cost of it.

Sounds like the blame should be on Dawn for that then!
Old 15th July 2020, 14:45   #37
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiewelch View Post
At least get my name right! I didn't accuse you of damaging the engine. I was just very surprised that there was not enough antifreeze in the engine just for the cost of it.

Sounds like the blame should be on Dawn for that then!

Why does blame have to be apportioned?

Do you not check the fluids when you take ownership of a new car? I would have thought it’s pretty much what we all do.
Old 15th July 2020, 14:47   #38
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Why does blame have to be apportioned?

Do you not check the fluids when you take ownership of a new car? I would have thought it’s pretty much what we all do.
If she knew, she should have mentioned it at least though. Most people don't check fluids and assume they are alright. We've all been guilty of it.

Antifreeze is one that I don't tend to trust, first thing on a new (to me, second hand) car I get is to dump the coolant and refill it just so I know what is in there. It also makes sure that with a good flush, the heaters work nice and toasty.
Old 15th July 2020, 14:49   #39
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75

Quote:
Isn't this contrary to Rule 7.1 of the FAQs which Paul drew everyone's attention to? I'd not read them before tbh so they're quite fresh in my mind. This is a perfect example of what others were complaining about in the recent member-leaving thread, interestingly many of those who now have gathered to thank this member after he's made physical threats to another member on a thread that was closed a couple of hours ago.

What's happened to integrity here?
• Built 08/02/2005 @14:57 hrs: Registered 26/08/2005
• 122nd of 141 built that day
• British Racing Green Pearlescent (HFF)
• Sandstone leather with black piping (SPJ)
• 136,000 miles

Last edited by goltho; 15th July 2020 at 15:28..
Old 15th July 2020, 15:08   #40
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Through spurious accusations, we are likely to lose another trusted and valued
expert, to all concerned get your facts right before going public.

Rev.
Closed Thread