Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 15th July 2020, 17:01   #51
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goltho View Post
Really? I seriously doubt that. You're held in high esteem here and you must know that - just look at the thanks and positive comments you get, not to mention people coming to your defence come what may. Good luck to you. But just don't expect everyone to overlook threats. In that respect, it is a bit like eBay feedback.

Dougie.

And yet not a word of criticism for the person that derailed the closed thread in question to have a personal bash at Trikey whom incidentally had only welcomed the op back to the fold at that point?

Are you really surprised that someone, whose reputation is key to his business, is annoyed when it is attacked relentlessly?

Poke a sleeping bear enough times and don't be surprised when he wants to rip your arm off when he wakes up comes to mind.

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Old 15th July 2020, 17:10   #52
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Are you really surprised that someone, whose reputation is key to his business, is annoyed when it is attacked relentlessly?
Are you really bothered that someone who is a valued member of this forum, threatens someone physically and starts a new thread on a closed subject to let everyone know about his perceived injustice, contrary to club rules?

I'll be a little more direct with this reply as it's more straightforward. Your multiple memes of someone flogging a dead horse and saying "You just can't help yourself can you" is what exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Poke a sleeping bear enough times and don't be surprised when he wants to rip your arm off when he wakes up comes to mind.
Sleeping bear.
• Built 08/02/2005 @14:57 hrs: Registered 26/08/2005
• 122nd of 141 built that day
• British Racing Green Pearlescent (HFF)
• Sandstone leather with black piping (SPJ)
• 136,000 miles
Old 15th July 2020, 17:11   #53
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75

Anyhoo, for the record, I've unsubscribed from this thread and won't be adding anything further to it.

Let's all have a better evening.

Dougie.
• Built 08/02/2005 @14:57 hrs: Registered 26/08/2005
• 122nd of 141 built that day
• British Racing Green Pearlescent (HFF)
• Sandstone leather with black piping (SPJ)
• 136,000 miles
Old 15th July 2020, 17:18   #54
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
I'll be a little more direct with this reply as it's more straightforward. Your multiple memes of someone flogging a dead horse and saying "You just can't help yourself can you" is what exactly?
Because this particular subject has been done to death several times before and as it becomes tedious hearing the same type of comments over and over is akin to flogging a dead horse hence the emoji's which in my opinion were perfectly suitable all things considered but i do note you still are not criticising the poster that took the thread off topic with his personal bash and started this again?
Here's a meme

https://cdn.someecards.com/someecard...-off-440be.png

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT

Last edited by Rogue; 15th July 2020 at 17:24..
Old 15th July 2020, 18:45   #55
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Oh Dear!

Where to start with this sorry sate of affairs!

Firstly both the original thread and Trikey's follow up one have been merged as they were directly related.

Both Trikey and Jamiewelch clearly have issues but the Owners Club is not the place to thrash it out. Rules have been broken by both parties and they cannot go unpunished.

Both members have been PM'd and have qualified for a week's self isolation from these boards as a time to cool down and reflect.

Clearly tempers are running high with a few members currently, but that is no excuse to be discourteous to others, we simply will not permit it.

Now time for a few deep breaths while we open the windows for some air.
Closed Thread