Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th July 2020, 08:58   #11
Russp
Loves to post

MG ZT

Think I may have worked out what was wrong... file size
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200720_36599.jpg (51.7 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200720_25145.jpg (36.7 KB, 38 views)
Russp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2020, 09:07   #12
Russp
Loves to post

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravinder View Post
Yes, it is very quiet, sadly but a lot of decent people on it. They do also have a Facebook page as well.
When I joined I noticed no mention of ZRs is there a bit of a stigma with those, can only think that back in the day they didn't want the barry boy brigade turning up at shows.
I ask because I have one but dare not ask for technical help on there if I need it
Old 20th July 2020, 17:09   #13
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russp View Post
Think I may have worked out what was wrong... file size
Hi,looks lovely 😎

As Rav says,the guys over at the RCOC are a very friendly knowledgable group and are always willing to share their technical knowhow.There is no stigma about posting about other models, however the club is coupe specific.Oh and I won't do facebook either

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2020, 17:43   #14
Russp
Loves to post

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
Hi,looks lovely 😎

As Rav says,the guys over at the RCOC are a very friendly knowledgable group and are always willing to share their technical knowhow.There is no stigma about posting about other models, however the club is coupe specific.Oh and I won't do facebook either

Cheers, I'm really happy with it can't believe I didn't buy one back in the day. I looked for one in 2015 when I only had a few weeks to buy a fun car due to medical treatment but bought an MGf instead. I still love the MGf but the coupe is a better all round car .
It's only done 30k and has just had the uprated head gasket and all new belts . I've fitted a 52mm throttle body and I've ordered a rear exhaust from a company in hartlepool although not sure if that will arrive as they don't answer the phone or emails
As it only had wood round the heater controls and dash top I've replaced these with body colour ones , these will probably as much as I will modify it

They do seem helpful on the forum but not very busy
Old 20th July 2020, 18:04   #15
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Quote:
Cheers, I'm really happy with it can't believe I didn't buy one back in the day. I looked for one in 2015 when I only had a few weeks to buy a fun car due to medical treatment but bought an MGf instead. I still love the MGf but the coupe is a better all round car .
It's only done 30k and has just had the uprated head gasket and all new belts . I've fitted a 52mm throttle body and I've ordered a rear exhaust from a company in hartlepool although not sure if that will arrive as they don't answer the phone or emails
As it only had wood round the heater controls and dash top I've replaced these with body colour ones , these will probably as much as I will modify it

Although it's not a busy forum,compared to this one anyway,you will find someone will respond fairly quickly if you need urgent help.As you get to know people you will also have a list of 'useful' tel numbers.If you have no luck with the exhaust company why not consider a custom stainless sytem.They are competetively priced and once fitted you can forget about future replacements.
I have owned my VVC 21 years in December,since it was less than a year old.It's been extensively modified including an aftermarket Emerald ECU and is making just under 200bhp.

Old 20th July 2020, 18:09   #16
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

Quote:

The VVCs respond very well to cold air induction. Have a look and see what Mick has induction wise. Or, message Jimm on the owners club who has done a great job with his.

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2020, 18:10   #17
Russp
Loves to post

MG ZT

Quote:
Although it's not a busy forum,compared to this one anyway,you will find someone will respond fairly quickly if you need urgent help.As you get to know people you will also have a list of 'useful' tel numbers.If you have no luck with the exhaust company why not consider a custom stainless sytem.They are competetively priced and once fitted you can forget about future replacements.
I have owned my VVC 21 years in December,since it was less than a year old.It's been extensively modified including an aftermarket Emerald ECU and is making just under 200bhp.
I was quoted £550+vat for a stainless system. I didn't realise emerald did an ECU for them, what is it like on fuel with that?
Have you done any other physical mods to the engine.
You have got me thinking now
Emerald aren't far from me
Old 20th July 2020, 18:33   #18
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

Quote:
I was quoted £550+vat for a stainless system. I didn't realise emerald did an ECU for them, what is it like on fuel with that?
Have you done any other physical mods to the engine.
You have got me thinking now
Emerald aren't far from me
Shop around for a stainless,£350 would be nearer the mark.The Emerald is not specific to Rovers,it's an aftermarket ECU which can be fitted to lots of different marques to optimise other mods.My engine is forged,built by DVA Power.Engine mods include 52mm tb,reprofiled exhaust cam ported head and exhaust manifold,custom 4--2-1 exhaust manifold,SS freeflow exhaust and fully enclosed air filter/induction kit with cold air feed to the front.
All tied together with a fully mapable Emerald ECU.
I wouldn't go down the Emerald route though,very expensive to buy and then with the custom mapping required.Plus if you have any issues it can be difficult to find someone capable of working with them.

Old 20th July 2020, 19:17   #19
Russp
Loves to post

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravinder View Post
The VVCs respond very well to cold air induction. Have a look and see what Mick has induction wise. Or, message Jimm on the owners club who has done a great job with his.
I've changed the filter for a pipercross one, don't really want to make to many visible modifications as it's in such good condition only done 30k
Thanks for the information though
Old 20th July 2020, 19:22   #20
Russp
Loves to post

MG ZT

Quote:
Shop around for a stainless,£350 would be nearer the mark.The Emerald is not specific to Rovers,it's an aftermarket ECU which can be fitted to lots of different marques to optimise other mods.My engine is forged,built by DVA Power.Engine mods include 52mm tb,reprofiled exhaust cam ported head and exhaust manifold,custom 4--2-1 exhaust manifold,SS freeflow exhaust and fully enclosed air filter/induction kit with cold air feed to the front.
All tied together with a fully mapable Emerald ECU.
I wouldn't go down the Emerald route though,very expensive to buy and then with the custom mapping required.Plus if you have any issues it can be difficult to find someone capable of working with them.

That sounds fantastic but don't really want to do anything that drastic.
I have been dealing with chaz at CJL in Spalding he did a fantastic job remapping my ZR TD but he cant do anything with the 143bhp VVC. Do you know anyone that does rechipped ECUs or anything else that isn't too visible?