Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd October 2020, 12:03   #1
daywalker

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi Connoisseur SE

Cool Rover 75 tourer se cdti sadly for sale****NOW SOLD

Sadly, for sale due to our son’s passing my 75 tourer, family want to keep son’s car:

• 2004 75 Cdti SE Connoisseur Tourer silver -automatic diesel
• Mileage 114100
• Silver, cream leather upholstery walnut steering wheel.
• Usual Connoisseur spec, plus extras, sunroof, traction control, headlamp washers, cruise control, reversing sensors, xenon headlights.CD changer in boot
• part stainless steel exhaust.
• Fuel heater
At least 40 mpg every day (extra urban/rural driving)

it’s the longest period I’ve ever owned a car and it’s been my daily driver for most if this time. I can truly echo what so many have said about these cars’ luxury, comfort and practicality. It has been very reliable overall. Regretfully, due to my son’s passing I cannot keep an extra car, I’m having to part with it and it’s much too good to scrap!

The metal bodywork is in very good condition overall, some rust on sills and wheel arch. It has had no accident damage during my ownership except for a carpark kerb “ding” to the rear side passenger door sill. The interior also is in good condition overall some wear to driver’s seat bolster.
We are non-smokers and have had no dogs or other pets in the car.
Engine and transmission are showing no signs of wear, gearbox service at 65000, excellent cream leather
Here’s a summary of notable info, esp. known 75-specific issues fixed (in bold):

• MOT 25/3/20 (see below for advisories, though)
• New Battery
• Front and rear pads replaced.
• Rear springs replaced 2019
• New alternator
Fuel Tank strap replaced 2018 (old one rusted through)
• Gold resistor
In-line thermostat modification
• User manuals, and Haynes, included.
Two keys
Stainless steel exhaust
• In-line thermostat

Current faults:

• Driver side wheel bearing needs replacing. Front shocks will need replacing.
• Current MOT advisories: exhaust has slight blow
• Front Shock absorbers light misting of oil or has limited damping effect both
Price: £550 negotiable not about the money would like the car to go to club member do not want it broken or scrapped.

Have tried to upload pics can email

This was viewed by a club member however the sale fell through.
Suggested the car was not as described however after viewing the car as if it was a nearly new car for over an hour and half checking every inch inside and out and underneath,checking the oil, colour of the coolant, opening the fuel filler cap and hearing the fuel motor, running the engine up to temp,excited by the self leveling suspension,checking the computer drooling over the extras and getting surprised finding the gearbox has been serviced.
I explained the wheel bearing noise and suggested he drive it forwards and backwards, there was a clicking noise I suggested removing the wheel and checking. He checked the wheel and span it then removed the wheel whilst still jacked up put it in drive the wheel was spinning, traction light came on then he said your traction control is faulty. I told him the light would come on if one wheel is spinning and not the other. Told him possibly could be brake pads due to standing for few months.

He said he has seen a lot of dogs and the car was in good condition for a 16 year old girl. He agreed on the asking price if I threw in the set of union alloys and we elbowed bump and agreed sale.
I explained the reason for sale and he empathised, told him I will not sell it to be broken up,said he would check and get back to be.
Not hearing anything for a few days I messaged and he messaged back saying what is the price I would accept?

As we had already agreed a price after an intensive inspection I messaged that we agreed a price.
As mentioned when I posted advert it is not about the money I am dealing with the tragic loss of my son and everything else that comes with it.

Sorry for the long post I know there are loads of good honest people with integrity on here. Hopefully car will go to a good home.

Last edited by daywalker; 3rd October 2020 at 12:52.. Reason: Edit
daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2020, 09:53   #2
daywalker

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi Connoisseur SE

Thumbs up Sold

Hi,

Car has been sold to an honourable club member,thank you.
Refreshing to know there are decent people with integrity on here.

Thank you to all the members for their thanks, and kind words.
It is a very sad and difficult time and the moment.

Thank you to the forum and members
daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote