Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th January 2024, 19:57   #11
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

There is a Ferodo bridge in Coventry on the London rd. Just down the road from Trikey’s stomping ground when he was a nipper!
coab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2024, 12:09   #12
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coab View Post
There is a Ferodo bridge in Coventry on the London rd. Just down the road from Trikey’s stomping ground when he was a nipper!
Certainly is mate!
Old 30th January 2024, 20:46   #13
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

Fitted the Ferodo's to the rear & still had a squeal which turned out to be the front offside caliper. The pads were almost down to the warming light level & l think the piston was sticky as the wheel was getting hot. So the piston was lubricated & went back with no fuss & Ferodo's were fitted to the front wheels today. Seems to have done the trick.

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2024, 10:23   #14
FrattonEnder
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by coab View Post
One in Gloucester too. You can just make out the lettering despite Network Rail's best efforts to paint over it.
Old 31st January 2024, 15:30   #15
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rovering Member View Post
Thanks for the heads up, Colin, it would seem so:

https://autotechnician.co.uk/the-limitations-of-r90/

So back to the drawing board & on balance, l'm thinking of the Ferodo Eco's, no problems with R & D or U.K. certification there l think. A veteran brake company (as far as anyone can be sure of any companies these days) & I'm not sure EBC are the right pads for me, there are conflicting reviews out there as for every type of brake pad of course.

I quite enjoy chasing down car parts, l did a lot of it during the recommissioning of my A60 Oxford so went with the Akebono flow. Nothing came up about type approval, most of the info is from the states of course. They're paid for & delivered so not much chance of a refund so I'll chalk that one up to experience.
Ebc are exceptional. The issue is people don't understand they really need correct bed in (up to 800 miles on some versions) and also people not understanding the colour variations, fitting red stuff when yellow stuff would have suited, that kinda thing.

People stamp the middle pedal and just assume the cheap discs / pads, seized caliper and 20 year old brake fluid will be fine. Lol.

Also they do a oem black stuff range now and it's absolutely thr best oem spec pad you can buy but it costs.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote