Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th April 2024, 10:49   #11
Francophile
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Connoisseur SE Saloon

I've just seen your PM, Martin. I don't think it is a feasible solution without incurring damage, and no-one has offered such a suggestion, However, could you try a similar action from the load space, which I assume remains accessible via your key. The boot on my saloon can be opened with the key when everything else is locked.

Derek.
Francophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2024, 15:56   #12
Lagetha
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinBrighton View Post
Hi again Derek, Is there any other way to get into my car without smasjing a window?
You could try this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FydPl7_vp6w

I have done similar on a Vauxhall Cavalier, and it suffered no resulting damage.

2000 Rover 75 1.8 Classic SE in Moonstone Green/Black Leather seats and Sandstone Beige Interior (purchased 10 April 2022)
2002 Rover 25 2.0 IL TurboDiesel - gone but not forgotten, you can follow Deric's adventures on YouTube at Boaty's World and Project Nigel. AllegroMan is restoring Deric now. (Owned 25/10/2022-15/05/2023)

Lagetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2024, 17:25   #13
Francophile
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Connoisseur SE Saloon

Back again, Martin. I think the video method of pulling down the window might just work for you. Then you can trip the master switch with a suitable rod/wire. I imagine the alarms will go off until you can get the key into the car. The alternative of wedging the door frame looks risky, but others on here may know better from experience.

Moving on, have you ordered a key and a blank fob yet? Don't put it off, bearing in mind the current postal delays.

Looking further ahead, the cable in the door will have to be tackled. It was the first problem I had to deal with in Rover ownership, after a quarter of a century of company cars. Fortunately the experts on this forum guided me through my learning process. This 'How to' https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=316595 and the associated links will take you through the problem and its solution.

Derek.
Francophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2024, 21:00   #14
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Default Look for an Irish tinker

A few years ago I went with friends on a week's tour round Ireland, using my friend's car. At Killarney I closed the driver's door shutting the keys still in the ignition. Fortunately I had left the window open an inch and had stopped outside a tailor. So we borrowed an old wire coat hanger and spent a fruitless 20 minutes trying to hook the inside lever with no success. Then a wee urchin approached and said could he help? Of course, we couldn't. Within a minute he'd opened the door: presumably he was the local car thief.
Old 16th April 2024, 07:19   #15
dave lincs
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

The console master switch won't work if the car is locked, will the key open boot?
dave lincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2024, 08:24   #16
Ed3
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi saloon

I just sat in my 06 CDTi saloon and locked the car on the remote key fob button - then pressed the centre console unlock and it only blasted out the sound of the horn of the car alarm. Didn't unlock. Didn't want to try again as it is early, quiet and thinking of neighbours

But I thought the centre console works when I am in the car.
Ed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2024, 08:51   #17
daveo138
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed3 View Post

But I thought the centre console works when I am in the car.
The centre console button will work to lock the car. It will also unlock the car if it has been locked with the button, or if the 'speed locking' has occurred due to driving. It won't unlock the car if it is 'superlocked'.
daveo138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2024, 09:21   #18
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinBrighton View Post
Hi there, I have a 75 Tourer CDTI on an 03 plate. The key fob button to unlock the car hasn't worked in some time. I therefore use the key in driver's lock manually. Today the car won't unlock! There is no noise or movement of the mechanism. Of note, the button that pops up in door card when unlocked is not flush with door card as it normally is when the car is locked. All other door buttons are flush with door card as normal! Also of note is the fact that the door card is slightly loose on drivers door. The battery is holding a charge of 12.3 which, according to a friend, should be enough to work central locking. I know this because the bonnet doesn't close properly atm. A snapped wire I suspect!?

So my question is, can I get into the car another way??? And also, how do I sort bonnet not closing properly (release lever in car is sticking out slightly and I believe that a wire must have gone!) Is this an easy fix???

Many thanks in advance for any help someone can provide me! Martin
Hi Martin.
Are you also saying that the tail gate on your tourer does not open from the fob, if so it maybe the button on the fob, take the back off and check the PCB board and the micro switches inside.

If you get any used key with the PCB and it's got the code sticker it can be recoded to your car By Bigruss if he is still doing the keys.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=303470

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 16th April 2024 at 09:24..
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2024, 10:12   #19
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post

If you get any used key with the PCB and it's got the code sticker it can be recoded to your car By Bigruss if he is still doing the keys.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=303470
Or by anyone with Toaf version .43 thanks to Trevor's discovery.

But agree the way to go for the OP is to get his remote board working, I had a switch and board repaired by my local iPhone repair shop. New switches are very cheap.

Keep well
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2024, 11:06   #20
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Martin I’ve sent you a PM, if you can take a look today.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote