Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: London & The South
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th March 2015, 17:19   #61
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

All in all a good turn out and although there were two cancellations due to illness (get well soon Lyn) (already wish the same to Harrisop) we also enjoyed additional numbers from people who made a last minute decision to attend.

It was good that Andy (Shiner) was able to make a fleeting visit, although I think he was taking advantage of my good nature by bringing the entire Shiner clan, costing me 4 bags of crisps instead of the promised one.

Only downside for me was another Moonstone Tourer turned up, obviously I made sure they parked away from the photograph line up, wouldn't want people to think Moonstone Tourers are common.

Anyhow thanks to all who turned up, and for those who could not make it, hope to see you soon.
alanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2015, 17:26   #62
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

Well done cliff wish I was fitvenough to give it a go'i had a brief word with our Saxon renactors who do it most weeks and seem to have a really nice time, I did warn them of rumour that a certain Guillaume of Normandy might be heading for the area.

A all 75 meet was novel and v satisfying to the eye for some reason which escapes me. Bill was right the food was relish and reasonable prices unlike a number of other pubs I think the next meet their will be in May hope Andy doesn't think I am prempting him but I heard it on the grapevine be great to see you and your lovely car there. Again congrats
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2015, 18:18   #63
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Thanks Mike - much appreciated. I really shoudn't hijack threads like that, but you can probably tell I was chuffed to say the least.

I'm glad the meet went well. Haven't been to the Ely yet, so will look forward to the next one. So grateful for all the effort that goes into these meets, both by those who do the arranging, and the folk who make the effort to support them. Long may they continue.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2015, 19:30   #64
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Thanks Mike - much appreciated. I really shoudn't hijack threads like that, but you can probably tell I was chuffed to say the least.

I'm glad the meet went well. Haven't been to the Ely yet, so will look forward to the next one. So grateful for all the effort that goes into these meets, both by those who do the arranging, and the folk who make the effort to support them. Long may they continue.

Cliff
I'm a little concerned that with todays achievement, plus your intention to get a Black Belt, some of us might be too frightened to attend the same meet as you.

The Black Belt doesn't worry me (I've still got a bottle of Hai Karate after shave) but your car put's mine to shame Lol.
Old 8th March 2015, 21:14   #65
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

Thanks for organising this Alan.
A good meet and a pleasure to meet you all!

It is a shame that Teflon could not make it, as we could have had four full chrome grills in a row!

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2015, 21:19   #66
Teflon
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanjay View Post
I'm a little concerned that with todays achievement, plus your intention to get a Black Belt, some of us might be too frightened to attend the same meet as you.

The Black Belt doesn't worry me (I've still got a bottle of Hai Karate after shave) but your car put's mine to shame Lol.
Hai Karate aftershave - now that takes me back! :-)

No. 4 of 6
Old 8th March 2015, 21:34   #67
Gemsathome
Loves to post

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Hai Karate aftershave - now that takes me back! :-)
Aha, I've just worked out why your polishing arm is so accurate!! I am pleased to say I managed a fleeting visit myself, even dragged the Mer polish out this morning !!
Gemsathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2015, 21:41   #68
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorset Bob View Post
Thanks for organising this Alan.
A good meet and a pleasure to meet you all!

It is a shame that Teflon could not make it, as we could have had four full chrome grills in a row!
You just have to rub it in and although I don't have a chrome grill, my car is a sought after colour, or so I've been told.
Old 8th March 2015, 21:44   #69
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemsathome View Post
Aha, I've just worked out why your polishing arm is so accurate!! I am pleased to say I managed a fleeting visit myself, even dragged the Mer polish out this morning !!
It's not what he does with his polishing arm that worries me, I'm more bothered by what he does with his other arm.
Old 8th March 2015, 21:49   #70
Teflon
This is my second home

Wax on, wax off as they said in The Karate Kid. :-)

No. 4 of 6