Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd January 2011, 18:45   #1
ged116
Regular poster

75 saloon

Default Rover 75 Head unit help in South Yorkshire

Hi,
If I have posted this in the wrong section please forgive me, but I'm pretty new to forums.

A couple of months ago I purchased a Rover 75 connoisseur diesel, and a few weeks ago I purchased one of those Chinese replacement CD head units from RADIOGUY in Canada, however I am in poor health and I'm finding it too much for me to fit it, I have posted a few questions on the Rover chat boards and Mr. EDD suggested that I might try posting a message on the Yorkshire area section of this site. I was wondering if anyone has experience of fitting these units and if they might be willing to help me fit mine or alternatively could direct me to somebody who could help? if anyone could help or advise me I would be most grateful, as I'm pulling my hair out in frustration at myself, before I suffered ill health I used to be very capable, I'm afraid I'm not very good at being incapable or asking for help. Can I wish all Yorkshire area members a very Happy New year. Kindest regards
Ged
ged116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 19:38   #2
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

I moved this into the ICE forum as its not really a meet, Hopefully one of the Yorkshire guys will pick this up and offer to lend a hand.
Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 21:07   #3
MARKUK
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 2.0 CD DIESEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ged116 View Post
Hi,
If I have posted this in the wrong section please forgive me, but I'm pretty new to forums.

A couple of months ago I purchased a Rover 75 connoisseur diesel, and a few weeks ago I purchased one of those Chinese replacement CD head units from RADIOGUY in Canada, however I am in poor health and I'm finding it too much for me to fit it, I have posted a few questions on the Rover chat boards and Mr. EDD suggested that I might try posting a message on the Yorkshire area section of this site. I was wondering if anyone has experience of fitting these units and if they might be willing to help me fit mine or alternatively could direct me to somebody who could help? if anyone could help or advise me I would be most grateful, as I'm pulling my hair out in frustration at myself, before I suffered ill health I used to be very capable, I'm afraid I'm not very good at being incapable or asking for help. Can I wish all Yorkshire area members a very Happy New year. Kindest regards
Ged
Ged,

What do you have in at the moment ??..

Cheers

Mark

*** NO TMC MOD KITS AVAILABLE !! ***

See the TMC / RADIO VIDEOS HERE....

Send me an Email HERE….

Signup for Sugarsync HERE..

http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...GBP_5_dark.png

MARKUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 10:28   #4
Mr Edd
From the Horses Mouth

2012 Honda Oddessay and 1996 Ford Ranger Truck (Splash)

Hope you get sorted mate. Pity it's a bit far for me to travel.

I think there is a meet in that area later this year but I can't remember the dates. I am sure someone will be along who is willing to help you.

They are a good bunch of guys me thinks.

Edd
Old 4th January 2011, 12:08   #5
ged116
Regular poster

75 saloon

Hello Mark,
Thank you for replying. At present I have the latest version 2-din DVD head unit (for my Rover 75 conniseur) which I purchased from Radioguy, it came with various cables as well as an aerial cable for the SAT NAV. I also have a DVB-T unit which I purchased from him at the same time, this also came with a host of cables an aerial and a remote control, apart from these I have a headache which gets considerably worse every time I open the box and see the cables.
Kindest regards
Ged

PS Thanks EDD for your help, one thing I have discovered so far is that there are some kind people who own Rovers, well the ones that use these chat Boards at least.

Old 4th January 2011, 14:19   #6
MARKUK
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 2.0 CD DIESEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ged116 View Post
Hello Mark,
Thank you for replying. At present I have the latest version 2-din DVD head unit (for my Rover 75 conniseur) which I purchased from Radioguy, it came with various cables as well as an aerial cable for the SAT NAV. I also have a DVB-T unit which I purchased from him at the same time, this also came with a host of cables an aerial and a remote control, apart from these I have a headache which gets considerably worse every time I open the box and see the cables.
Kindest regards
Ged

PS Thanks EDD for your help, one thing I have discovered so far is that there are some kind people who own Rovers, well the ones that use these chat Boards at least.

Hi Ged,

I meant, what do you currently have in the car ?...

( Send me a PM with your number and I will give you a call )

Mark

Send me an Email HERE….

Old 4th January 2011, 19:09   #7
Tonka

Rover 75 Saloon V6

Default Near Donny

Hi Ged

Looking at your profile you have a 2002 Rover, not sure if this has ISO wiring,
Sp perhaps someone who has fitted one of these units to a 2002 car can tell us if its has ISO wiring
I have a 2004 which has ISO wiring, so it is very easy to fit the new unit from Sean. I live very close to donny, and would be pleased to help. Bad news is I am away until 18th January. So if you cannot get sorted by then please let me know. More than happy to help.
Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 14:40   #8
ged116
Regular poster

75 saloon

Hello Mark,
Thank you for your reply and your kindness, the current unit in my car is the Cassette Player (Symphony?) there is not CD multi Changer with it. I'll be in touch later, we have a family berevment to deal with I'm afraid,
All the best
Ged
Old 5th January 2011, 14:44   #9
ged116
Regular poster

75 saloon

Hello Tonka,
Thank you for your kind offer of help, my car does have the ISO wiring, so I have bought a cable adaptor from Ebay which I'm waiting for. Due to our having a family berevment the installation of the new unit will have to wait a while until things are sorted, however if I don't get things sorted by the 18th I might be glad of your help or Marks. Thank you for your kindness. All the best
Ged
Old 5th January 2011, 16:53   #10
MARKUK
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 2.0 CD DIESEL

Hi Ged,

Sorry to hear of your sad news...

Am sure one of us will be able to help when you ready..

All the best

Mark

Send me an Email HERE….