Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th June 2015, 10:20   #11
wuzerk
Passed Away

Rover 75 CDT 03 auto Conn. SE

Default Cam Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorset Bob View Post
I picked up the feed from the fuse box and used a fuse tap, using fuse No. 12 in the passenger fusebox, for the torch socket etc (on the Mk 1, not sure about the later cars).

Rather than using a cigarette lighter adapter, I wired in a 12v to 5v Power adapter and ran the wire up the A pillar.

It saves having an adapter plugged into the cigarette lighter and looks neater IMHO.
I wired my Dash cam in yesterday and the piggy back fuse holder shown above would not have fitted in my 03 passenger fuse box, the smaller size was the correct fit. My Cigar lighter socket is live at all times so I had to search for a feed which was only live on the 2nd turn of the ignition key.
Not one of the suitable feeds shown in the Haynes circuitry was actually
correct so in the end I had to unbolt the fuse box and search for the
Fat white wire which comes from the ignition switch. Once located, fitment
of the piggy back fuse gave satisfactory results. I too used a power supply similar to the one shown which tucks neatly inside the interior light.

Last edited by wuzerk; 16th June 2015 at 10:24..
wuzerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2015, 10:36   #12
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

I haven't bothered to read through the entire thread, but if the cam has a built in battery charged when it receives a 12v feed, it doesn't need a constant supply, just a supply when you want it to record. Mine will video, using its battery, if the car is disturbed, but its sensor is not that sensitive.

I cannot remember what I used as the supply, but it comes on with the ignition. Maybe the radio or climate supply. My cam has a ciggy lighter power adaptor, so I wired in a ciggy lighter socket behind the dash.

They only draw a few milliamps, so its not critical, so long as it comes on and off with the ignition.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2015, 11:15   #13
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorset Bob View Post
I picked up the feed from the fuse box and used a fuse tap, using fuse No. 12 in the passenger fusebox, for the torch socket etc (on the Mk 1, not sure about the later cars).

Rather than using a cigarette lighter adapter, I wired in a 12v to 5v Power adapter and ran the wire up the A pillar.

It saves having an adapter plugged into the cigarette lighter and looks neater IMHO.
I did mine the same, but I took the cigar plug that came with the camera apart & put the small pcb in a little black box, then fed the lead up the door pillar....

SteveN
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders. Walnut Handbrake Handle

Wanted: Walnut auto gear stick handle
Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.
sln8458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2015, 14:20   #14
fraz59
Loves to post

MG-ZT

I asked same question and got this answer

Battery Live - Orange/Light Green cable in sunroof wiring behind the interior light.
Ignition Live - White/Yellow in auto mirror wiring (if fitted)

I used the white/yellow and camera comes on when the ignition is turned on, As mentioned the live could be 5V not 12v (mines was) I just bought a 12v to 5V convertor ...same as this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-Convert...item3a94037488
fraz59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2015, 20:17   #15
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln8458 View Post
I did mine the same, but I took the cigar plug that came with the camera apart & put the small pcb in a little black box, then fed the lead up the door pillar....

SteveN
I'm always wary of irretrievably modifying a new piece of kit, on the chance that I have an issue and need to return it.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2018, 08:15   #16
Fishytroll66
Avid contributor

MG ZT -T

Default hardwiring

I have just fitted and hardwired a Kenwwod dash cam using 2 piggyback fuses ( supplied) as above. I used the constant live from top left 5 amp fuse and switched 5 amp fuse ( 3rd from top left) under the glove box, the 10mm nut on the fusebox bracket was used as an earth point.

Mine is a 2003 cdti.
Old 1st January 2019, 20:52   #17
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

I have two camera’s in mine .Back and front. If you drop the cover down under the passenger glove box, there is enough room for a three connection cigarette lighter extension. I have both camera’s connected this way. You just then remix the under cover back on. Easy two minute job.When I need a connection for the sat nav, I just drop the cover down and connect the sat nav.

Last edited by bl52krz; 1st January 2019 at 20:55..
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote