Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 30th June 2015, 21:16   #21
zedziczek
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

But because we started to talk about exhaust now I have best flow as far I undertand and if I'll decide to put sport catalytic converter with high flow do I need also replace pipes for smoller to keep everything optimally ?

Last edited by zedziczek; 30th June 2015 at 21:34..
zedziczek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2015, 22:25   #22
Laney
Regular poster

MG ZT-T in Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedziczek View Post
But because we started to talk about exhaust now I have best flow as far I undertand and if I'll decide to put sport catalytic converter with high flow do I need also replace pipes for smoller to keep everything optimally ?
Go for a 200cell cat rather than a 100cell as these are either very close or will not pass an MOT, 200cell, small mid box and a big back box will give you a decent flow without the drown.

Always reset your ECU whenever you do any modifications.
Laney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2015, 08:03   #23
Jason Freeman

Volvo S60

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190SETOURING View Post
Still wouldnt use them, when i first emailed them i didnt get a reply and when i did it was nearly double the price of another branch! A friend of mine was quoted less to build a twin exit system for his 3.2 omega by the same branch, they just pull prices out of the air. I know they are not bothered but they have lost my business.
We certainly do worry about lost business and I hate to see that people are dis-satisfied. Please bear in mind that all of our dealers are Franchised businesses and as such all have different operating costs. Our Franchisees are free to charge as they wish within reason. I'd be concerned about one being almost double the price though. I have dealt with a similar situation in the past and when looked at more closely, one quote didn't include VAT and the other did. This bought the prices more closely together. One also quoted for a different build and when that was also taken into consideration the prices were not actually that different from each other. As for the Omega case, I can't comment as I don't know the specifics.

People are always welcome to call me Head Office in Bridport if they have any concerns.
Jason Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2015, 08:05   #24
Jason Freeman

Volvo S60

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedziczek View Post
Please stop changing my words I didn't say enything about performance, but I must say I really happy with my car also I can't compare to another 190 because I have only one 190 and thx to Jason I'll happy again with my exhaust, just person from this branch where I fix my system should star to talk with customers different way
Pleased to see you're happy and the explanation has helped. In defence of the depot in question, he's great at building exhausts but sometimes not so good at the face to face stuff or customer relations. I on the other hand couldn't build an exhaust that would be anywhere near passable even if you gave me the rest of the year. I guess we all have different skill sets :-)
Old 1st July 2015, 11:20   #25
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

Sorry Jason but..

I too contacted my not so local longlife branch for a quote.
My post from another forum-

"I'm very close to needing my exhaust replaced so contacted my local powerflow for a price & at the same time contacted longlife, both about 7-10 days ago. Got a reply from powerflow £450. Longlife... nothing

Disappointed.

SteveN
Posted 07 Mar 2014, 12:59"

and I'm still waiting.........

SteveN
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.
sln8458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2015, 16:15   #26
Jason Freeman

Volvo S60

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln8458 View Post
Sorry Jason but..

I too contacted my not so local longlife branch for a quote.
My post from another forum-

"I'm very close to needing my exhaust replaced so contacted my local powerflow for a price & at the same time contacted longlife, both about 7-10 days ago. Got a reply from powerflow £450. Longlife... nothing

Disappointed.

SteveN
Posted 07 Mar 2014, 12:59"

and I'm still waiting.........

SteveN
That's really disappointing. If you PM me your postcode, or even give me a ring i'll find out which dealer it was and find out what's gone wrong here. I know we had an issue about 6 weeks or so ago where for 6 days none of the enquiries were getting to us but as far as i'm aware it should be OK now.

It's frustrating when we work hard to get work to our dealers and then they don't follow it up.
Old 1st July 2015, 18:13   #27
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

Jason, pm sent.
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.
sln8458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2015, 20:10   #28
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Freeman View Post
That's really disappointing. If you PM me your postcode, or even give me a ring i'll find out which dealer it was and find out what's gone wrong here. I know we had an issue about 6 weeks or so ago where for 6 days none of the enquiries were getting to us but as far as i'm aware it should be OK now.

It's frustrating when we work hard to get work to our dealers and then they don't follow it up.
Your Peterborough Branch isn't any better, emailed them last year for a quote, took them over 2 weeks to respond and then quoted me to fit a twin outlet system to a Seat Ibiza!

Have to say that I think judging by the rattling I'm now getting from the back box on Ed, it'll be unlikely that he passes the MOT!

However, with the exceptionally poor responses that I got from both Longlife and Powerflow, it's extremely likely that I will go with a OE back box again!
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2015, 20:49   #29
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Just to add a vote in favour, Kevin in the Oswestry Longlife depot is top rate and did a splendid job on mine. 5dB quieter than OEM, and passionate about the quality of his work. Jason set up the contact for me, so kevin knew exactly what was needed.

As a matter of fact Kevin is a highly skilled BMW guy with a deep knowledge of our Rovers as well, so i wouldnt hesitate to recommend him.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2015, 21:16   #30
ProfDave
This is my second home

ZTT, Contemp Saloon, Duotone Tourer

I have had great service from the Swansea centre; shame it seems to be inconsistent across the country. I have had four 75/ZT systems or back boxes, one Pug 106, one mini one Bongo

all have been well priced and excellent service at Swansea. Will be using them again and always recommend them locally but I am disappointed its not true everywhere.............
ProfDave is offline   Reply With Quote