Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th September 2008, 18:49   #11
wptk999

MG ZT

Default The final steps!

Finally got a navigation CD via ebay - the last piece of the upgrade puzzle, or so I thought.......

The CD was fine, and I finally had the navigation menus and could input a route.
Only the nav system wouldn't show the car moving - it thought I was still on my drive.

After bit more head-scratching, and using the service mode (very useful!), I realised there was no wheel sensor data. No connection to the ABS system.

According to all the diagrams, I shouild have had either a conenction in the original low-line head unit connectors or a separate connector to the main harness.

No such luck! Decided to trace the elusive slate/green wire from the ABS unit. I suspected it might not have been there but, having taken out the battery and dismantling the big connector, there it was.... Now, according to the wiring diagrams, that particular wire goes only to the sat nav,and nowhere else.

But could I find it inside the car? Absolutely not! I finally resorted to some acrobatics and pulled apart the loom under the dash (behind the glove box, where it comes through from the engine bay). There are several slate/green wires under there (door mirrors and speakers, to name a couple!) but I eventually found the right one and bingo! Working satnav.

I have no idea where the wire ends up, I'm not about to rip out the whole dash to find it. :lol:

The navigation now works just fine, although the maps do look a bit dull compared with the Garmin maps on my mobile 'phone. It's nice to have the spoken directions at a decent volume though!

Now, being me and liking a challenge, I'm wondering if it's possible to upgrade the software in the Mk3 satnav computer? Or am I looking at fitting a Mk4 satnav?

And how do I enter addresses using postcodes? Or is it not possible?

My next challenges are to find (or make) the harness to install the reversing sensors and to see if I can install cruise control. Anyone know where to buy the proper connectors for the reverse sensors?

Bill Kelly
Focus C-MAX 2.0
1965 Daimler V8[SIGPIC]
wptk999 is offline   Reply With Quote