Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th May 2019, 21:15   #1
david75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Conn SE, 04

Default Boot badge

The other day I finally got around to changing the boot badge on my 75. I had bought the replacement badge ages ago - can't remember where I got it from - a fact that becomes relevant towards the end of this story.

Anyway:

Old badge had lost its transparent top layer a long time ago and was looking very tired.

I had remembered seeing an article about removing the old badge by inserting a sharp-pointed screw into the centre of the badge and using the screw to pull/lever it off.

This sort of worked, but to get enough thread into the badge to pull it off, I screwed the screw in a bit too far and damaged the surface that the badge sticks to. Oops, maybe I should have used the heat-it-with-a-heardrier-and-get-a-bit-of-fishing-line-in-behind-the-badge-to-'slice'-it-off method. But never mind, I think the surface underneath is chromed plastic, so the damage won't matter when the new badge in installed.

All the old glue nicely cleaned off

New badge stuck on - all looking nice - all done

Only then did I notice that the new badge is slightly thicker than the old one, and if you look carefully at this picture of it 'in profile' you can see that it is sitting slightly proud of the recessed mounting area. Only about a millimetre, maybe less, but definitely a bit proud.

As I said at the start of this post, I can't remember where I bought the new badge from - might have been Rimmers, or might have been some other source...? Over time I might get wear on the protruding edge, catch on cloths, etc, or maybe it will be perfectly fine and no-one will ever notice. I will leave it as it is for now, and time will tell.
Old 28th May 2019, 16:58   #2
markypicks
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon cdt club se re map 160 bhp

hi i got mine of e bay from classicxcarxspares and its very good i got my old one of with a very thin flat bladed screwdriver rgds mark
markypicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2019, 17:04   #3
madeupname
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie Mk2 1.8 (Mo)

I got the front grille badge off with boiling hot water to soften it, then sliced it off with a filleting knife

Yours looks nice though so I wouldn't worry about it
Mo was born Tuesday, 22nd June 2004 @ 08:32:41
This vehicle was the 99,307th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 5,377th 75 1.8 Connoisseur to be made out of 6,033
This vehicle was the 783rd 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
madeupname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2019, 05:02   #4
smudge.g
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDTi Connie SE

The boot badge on my Tourer could do with renewal as its completely faded, I hear that it is a different size to the saloon version. cant find one online after a quick search, any ideas??
My 75 Tourer CDTi was born Saturday, 21st June 2003 @ 09:50

My 75 was the 18,749th 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
It was the 195th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 2,074
and the 1,789th 75 Tourer in Wedgewood Blue Metallic (code: JEL) to be made out of 1,871 Wedgewood Blue Metallic 75 Tourers
smudge.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2019, 05:33   #5
humphshumphs
I really should get out more.......

No longer a Rover Owner

Location: As far east as you can go in the UK and not get wet feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge.g View Post
The boot badge on my Tourer could do with renewal as its completely faded, I hear that it is a different size to the saloon version. cant find one online after a quick search, any ideas??
I've sent you a PM regarding a non-genuine one

No longer a 75 owner as my tourer made it to the moon, and died on it's way back. But 1/4 million miles ain't bad.
humphshumphs is offline   Reply With Quote