Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th August 2022, 10:27   #166401
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

To finish the story, all the 3 upstairs were asked if they would pay for the lift being fitted which was about £1000 for 2 years and a service each year, but no one wanted to pay for it. Now the other people who live upstairs, there are 3 of them, all need the lift but I think the cost will be a lot more than the original price will be a lot more. The upstairs landing is concrete too, so the building to fit a lift will be quite expensive. The company have been asked about getting the list or a better stairs and there more buyers an age of 55 and over, and we get a letter or email saying :“ thank you for your require of the new letter or email, we have passed the enquiry to the company in of this matter.”
They don’t care if the downstairs self fairly quickly but no one wants the upstairs for trouble with stairs and no lift. So they fine to sell just goes on and quite a few are up for sale, and mum’s flat is perfect, plenty of sun, loves of the garden and nothing needs doing it to buy it.

Last edited by RPWC; 29th August 2022 at 10:44..
RPWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2022, 12:52   #166402
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Good afternoon,

Does anyone use “Waze” https://www.waze.com/en-GB/live-map/

We recently started using it. Yesterday driving along the M4 corridor heading east, twice it announced “police ahead” a speed trap and an unmarked pursuit car parked up on the hard shoulder about 3 miles further on from the mobile speed trap, looked like an Audi with the blues flashing. Bank holiday weekend they will be out to get anyone speeding or committing any other traffic offences.

A useful phone app.

How is everyone?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2022, 15:56   #166403
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
I made a message to your reply to me last night , but I had to re ender it as I ran out of time without having to start again.
It’s been 9 days since mum funeral and some days I have weeping in her being no longer with out, some days I’m being ok so I seem to be getting a bit more .
We had been trying to sell her upstairs flat seeing January, but only a couple have been interested but the upstairs are sold for a long time.
All the 4 flats on all of them 4 down and 4 upstairs are owned by the company that charge each householder each year for window cleaning , grass cutting and a cleaner doing all the upstairs and downstairs, to keep the areas clean. The staircase is two narrow to fit an electric stair fitter so it can’t be fitted. When she first became the stairway a bit difficult, I asked the building owner how much to fit a staircase and it was about £8/9000 about 10 year ago.(The cost of a lift.)
Hi Richard

In comparison, we recently sold a ground floor 2 bedroom flat near the Margate seafront on line by auction. We had to leave £2000 to one side for the buyers solicitor to hold as we had to declare the forthcoming replacement of fire doors. The 2K was our share of the quoted charges for the block. The building consisted of 6 flats, in a nice location with private designated parking to the rear and it had a lift. The reason why it went to auction was because we had tried to sell via an estate agent and after a year of being vacant we decided to try selling it through an auction. Buyers had to pay a fee of £6,000 to register for the auction, a fee we didn’t have to pay. We did incur legal fees, but we are glad it’s been sold and is off our hands. Fortunately it beat its reserve .

Considering what you have been through recently with the loss of your mum, you are getting on in clearing your mums estate. Your feelings are going to take time to work through and you will have good and bad days. Do keep posting.
Old 30th August 2022, 03:02   #166404
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning everyone.

It’s 04.00 and getting ready to rock n roll to Peter Harrison’s funeral. Be keeping to Warp Factor 3.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2022, 05:58   #166405
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Morning all, morning Bob, an early start and a long day for you. I expect we will see you later on at the crematorium in Ruislip to see Peter off and pay our respects to him and his family.
Old 30th August 2022, 07:19   #166406
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, Blue skies & sunshine here.

Quote:
To finish the story, all the 3 upstairs were asked if they would pay for the lift being fitted which was about £1000 for 2 years and a service each year, but no one wanted to pay for it. Now the other people who live upstairs, there are 3 of them, all need the lift but I think the cost will be a lot more than the original price will be a lot more. The upstairs landing is concrete too, so the building to fit a lift will be quite expensive. The company have been asked about getting the list or a better stairs and there more buyers an age of 55 and over, and we get a letter or email saying :“ thank you for your require of the new letter or email, we have passed the enquiry to the company in of this matter.”
They don’t care if the downstairs self fairly quickly but no one wants the upstairs for trouble with stairs and no lift. So they fine to sell just goes on and quite a few are up for sale, and mum’s flat is perfect, plenty of sun, loves of the garden and nothing needs doing it to buy it.

Hi Rich, That's a begger about the flat being a hard sell because of the stairs & no lift/stairlift. I hope things start to go better for you mate.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2022, 15:39   #166407
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Bad day, Good day & even better day today! Missus decided to get one of those doodahs that cover three wheelie bins although we have four

Said flat pack package arrived with a thousand pieces in it So I set too today erecting it, I gnored the instructions as usual & proceed to build it as per picture, Soon realise there's not enough items for a three bin doodah

Turns out after ringing someone in eastern Europe the packages come in two bundles because of the weight. Nowt said in the delivery notes before I get me hair off & search for the instructions I threw away .

The other half on the package arrived this afternoon .

So in between cursing at the missing parts I decided to go to B&M for some cat food & other sundry items I missed off the ASDA shopping list t'other day

I got nine bottles of Henry's to stock up (£1.80/bottle) Two lots of German sausage (£6) two lots of cat food ( £7.60) four 50 ltr bags of farmyard manure Which stank because they were ripped £7.89 each & two bags of steak flavoured crisps (£?)

Lady on the checkout had a face like a smacked 'arris & shouted you ain't putting that cow dung on the conveyor belt, I said I wasn't going to, I put the barcode at the top so she could reach over & scan it in the trolley.

She rings it up and said £16.43 I thought WHAT!!!! the cider comes to more than that but I thought screw you for the miserable face paid & left I even went over the 30 mph on the way home in celebration at the deal & stuff the electric expence in my MG ZS EV

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2022, 15:40   #166408
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Hi Richard

In comparison, we recently sold a ground floor 2 bedroom flat near the Margate seafront on line by auction. We had to leave £2000 to one side for the buyers solicitor to hold as we had to declare the forthcoming replacement of fire doors. The 2K was our share of the quoted charges for the block. The building consisted of 6 flats, in a nice location with private designated parking to the rear and it had a lift. The reason why it went to auction was because we had tried to sell via an estate agent and after a year of being vacant we decided to try selling it through an auction. Buyers had to pay a fee of £6,000 to register for the auction, a fee we didn’t have to pay. We did incur legal fees, but we are glad it’s been sold and is off our hands. Fortunately it beat its reserve .

Considering what you have been through recently with the loss of your mum, you are getting on in clearing your mums estate. Your feelings are going to take time to work through and you will have good and bad days. Do keep posting.
Thanks Phil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Morning all, Blue skies & sunshine here.

Hi Rich, That's a begger about the flat being a hard sell because of the stairs & no lift/stairlift. I hope things start to go better for you mate.
Thank you Ian too
Old 30th August 2022, 19:07   #166409
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Thanks Phil.

Thank you Ian too
Cheers Richard, replied to your pm.

We met today at Peters funeral one of your mates - Marina Brian, I nearly didn’t recognise Brian as he was so smartly dressed and looked the business, what a character, a good friend
Old 31st August 2022, 05:49   #166410
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Morning all, what’s everyone up to?