Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The Midlands
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd August 2015, 06:43   #41
woolleysox
This is my second home

Black V8 Ztt 260SE

Morning campers. On way gave car wash & brush up yesterday then it chucked it down

See you later

Rob

Last edited by woolleysox; 4th August 2015 at 07:12..
woolleysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2015, 15:03   #42
Framps
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Thank you

Just a quick thank you to the guys I met at the BMC at Ferrymeadows today, learnt a lot of interesting information which is a great help to a novice like me, the wife enjoyed it too.
Framps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2015, 16:24   #43
EastPete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Classic saloon, MGB GT, Skoda Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Framps View Post
Just a quick thank you to the guys I met at the BMC at Ferrymeadows today, learnt a lot of interesting information which is a great help to a novice like me, the wife enjoyed it too.
I'll second that - an enjoyable few hours at Ferry Meadows, some nice 75/ZTs to look at and lots more besides.

Can I make a polite suggestion, and I hope the club organisers do not take this as a criticism, but can I suggest that the club organisers/convenors responsible for these meets (unofficial or otherwise) make an effort to circulate occasionally away from their well-organised picnic set-ups to greet/say hello to any members/cars they are not familiar with. This will avoid any newbies (like myself) feeling unwelcome or that they are intruding on a private party ! I am probably not the most outgoing or socially confident person, but if I organise meetings/conventions (as I have done in my professional life), I try to greet all the guests/attendees to make them feel welcome. There was a similar issue I felt at POL, although I realize it would be more difficult for club officials to greet everyone there, due to the size of the event. Again, please not take this comment personally, and I look forward to attending many future meets.

Thanks again for organising today's club presence at this event.

Cheers

Pete
EastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2015, 21:43   #44
bigd
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75

seconded its about time someone spoke up
bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2015, 07:32   #45
woolleysox
This is my second home

Black V8 Ztt 260SE

almost a full house some 25 75/Zts throughout the day a credit to you all thanks to everyone for turning up. Weather was kind to us good company and lots to see look forward to next time

Rob
Old 3rd August 2015, 07:48   #46
woolleysox
This is my second home

Black V8 Ztt 260SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastPete View Post
I'll second that - an enjoyable few hours at Ferry Meadows, some nice 75/ZTs to look at and lots more besides.

Can I make a polite suggestion, and I hope the club organisers do not take this as a criticism, but can I suggest that the club organisers/convenors responsible for these meets (unofficial or otherwise) make an effort to circulate occasionally away from their well-organised picnic set-ups to greet/say hello to any members/cars they are not familiar with. This will avoid any newbies (like myself) feeling unwelcome or that they are intruding on a private party ! I am probably not the most outgoing or socially confident person, but if I organise meetings/conventions (as I have done in my professional life), I try to greet all the guests/attendees to make them feel welcome. There was a similar issue I felt at POL, although I realize it would be more difficult for club officials to greet everyone there, due to the size of the event. Again, please not take this comment personally, and I look forward to attending many future meets.

Thanks again for organising today's club presence at this event.

Cheers

Pete
Hi Pete I have to agree with some of your coments but please note this was not a club meets as it was made up from several forums of like minded folks . All 75 & Zt owners are welcome And the meets are informal allowing you to get out of each meet what you want. I hope you still enjoyed your day

Rob
Old 3rd August 2015, 10:46   #47
EastPete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Classic saloon, MGB GT, Skoda Yeti

Hi Rob

No problem - I (and Maddy the dog) had a nice time. Hope to catch up with you sometime soon - I may even make it to a nano meet one day. I have a list of jobs I would like to do on my car, and having some expert help at hand would be great.

Is anyone posting any photos of the day on the forum ?
All the best

Pete
EastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2015, 14:37   #48
Freebyrd
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T

Great day, enjoyed meeting 'new' face. Wasn't the weather superb! Ferry Meadows is a terrific venue, lots of space and easy access. Looking forward to next year already. Where did the green car come from?

Last edited by Freebyrd; 3rd August 2015 at 14:41..
Freebyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2015, 14:40   #49
Freebyrd
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastPete View Post
Hi Rob

No problem - I (and Maddy the dog) had a nice time. Hope to catch up with you sometime soon - I may even make it to a nano meet one day. I have a list of jobs I would like to do on my car, and having some expert help at hand would be great.

Is anyone posting any photos of the day on the forum ?
All the best

Pete
Pete, I didn't realise you were a club member when I was clapping Maddy. I think it was away from the club area. Good to meet you and Maddy all the same
Freebyrd is offline   Reply With Quote