Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 30th September 2020, 22:49   #1
75er
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer cdti

Default SAt Nav cable connector repair

My highline navigation is not picking up a signal from the shark fin. I have replaced the sharkfin but still no signal. Looking at the connector that comes down from the sharks fin and into the sat nav drive in the boot I notice the co-axial cable, while still attached, has come loose from the connector which goes into the sat nav drive unit and I think its this that is causing the problem. I think the connector is an SMB connector? The connector are readily available, but the crimping tool for the SMB connector is over £100. A bit expensive for 1 crimp! Can anyone confirm that it is a SMB connector (not an SMA) to the Sat Nav unit and has anyone had experience of repair /replacing this connector? Thanks.
75er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2020, 08:53   #2
75er
Avid contributor

Having looked around the tinternet seems the quote I was given for over £100 for a crimping tool was for the V8 Connie SE version, the 1.8 Club version of the tool can be had much cheaper
Old 13th October 2020, 15:10   #3
75er
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75er View Post
My highline navigation is not picking up a signal from the shark fin. I have replaced the sharkfin but still no signal. Looking at the connector that comes down from the sharks fin and into the sat nav drive in the boot I notice the co-axial cable, while still attached, has come loose from the connector which goes into the sat nav drive unit and I think its this that is causing the problem. I think the connector is an SMB connector? The connector are readily available, but the crimping tool for the SMB connector is over £100. A bit expensive for 1 crimp! Can anyone confirm that it is a SMB connector (not an SMA) to the Sat Nav unit and has anyone had experience of repair /replacing this connector? Thanks.
I'm still struggling with this, I bought an female SMB connector but that turned out to be too big. Looking at the SMA connectors online they seem to be screw on not push on connectors, the connector from the wiring loom to the radio unit is push on. Is it an SMP connector? If anyone knows what type of connector this is / where to get one I would appreciate a heads up.
Old 14th November 2020, 22:49   #4
david2000
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

hi to all
it is a smb connector try alliexpress try ebay SMB Male to SMB Female with Right Angle connectors 20cm RG174 Cable Lead
david

Last edited by david2000; 14th November 2020 at 23:40..
david2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2020, 18:23   #5
david2000
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

hi to all
this is the cable that is required Fakra male to SMB female Satellite Radio Antenna Cable
david
david2000 is offline   Reply With Quote