Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th August 2020, 07:45   #11
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
This is just my opinion.

Save yourself some money. rear springs for the saloon have almost no difference whatsoever. Think about it, petrol and diesel all have the same running gear and suspension parts at the rear. This is from the 1.8 petrol 2.0 and 2.5v6 to the 2.0 diesel.

The rear of the shell is the same weight so in reality the rear spring is a rear spring, end of.
There is one difference that I know of, later cars did away with the anti roll bar so the springs were a little stronger but not so you and I would notice perhaps a little less roll if you also have the ARB fitted and if they take a miniscule share on the minimal extra weight of a diesel lump from the front end then it's there to be used .
When I did my rear end rebuild 18 month ago on my 2.5 V6 I took advice from a very senior trader/member on here and purchased these OEM springs for a fraction of the cost of other OEM springs.
They are advertised as diesel springs but as I say, the advice I had is from a technical guru.

The choice is yours but all I can tell you is my 2.5v6 launch car sits perfect and rides as it should.
Cheers

I agree with Dave so much so that the last time he did a link about the above springs i purchased a pair, this was so i just had a spare set in the shed so yes no problem for a saloon, tourer springs are very different.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2020, 14:25   #12
YMGF
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks for all your replies. At half the price I'm inclined to agree with you Dave and Arctic so I shall adopt that approach.
I found the label btw. It was on the blanking plate over the petrol tank aperture which I'd removed and stored safely! Unfortunately, after years submerged it was all but blank, but with a magnifying glass I could just make out RC.
Thanks all for your help and comments.
YMGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2020, 21:29   #13
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

When I got the 2.5, it had a rear right hand spring broken in three parts. I bought Sachs rear springs from Eurocarparts . After the broken spring was replaced, I checked the height from floor to top of wheel arch.......... and it was the same height as the non broken spring side.
Old 11th August 2020, 15:08   #14
Rickshaw
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer, 2 X75 Saloon , MGTF Sunstorm

Thumbs up Done same

Thanks for content in this thread chaps - have also now ordered from Rimmers so have spares for my Saloons. I must say , this whole area I find rather confusing since SO many variants. Have yet to really determine what specific items I need for my Tourer front and rear. Don't be surprised if I follow this up with you all later!
Rickshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2023, 17:44   #15
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

Further to my suspension refurb', l'm waiting to hear back from Best of British about my original damper/spring spec's. I did contact X-Part who took my VIN number & specified Pink as the rear spring spec' that would have been fitted at the factory which would seem to be backed up on the oft' posted list in other spring threads here (listed as 75 Saloon 2002, no variant listed for pink so assuming it's the 1.8). I'm minded to buy OEM springs as l have for the front & Rimmers do have them in stock but reading this thread l'm thinking of going for the diesel/white which they also have. If there is minimal difference between saloon springs & the diesel items are slightly stronger/taller/cheaper than the pink that's no bad thing as a car & topbox full of antiques is not an uncommon situation. A quick measurement of road to rear wheel arches just revealed 65cm N/S, 67cm O/S though the difference might be the road camber outside our house.
My offside rear currently has a red/white (V6?) spring fitted, possibly a replacement as it's still pretty clean compared to the nearside one, l still have to search for colours on that. In my present mind though, l think white springs from Rimmers are the way to go.

Last edited by The Rovering Member; 24th September 2023 at 23:49..
The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote