Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27th November 2020, 14:00   #1
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Default Finally found time to have a go at the subframe...

Some may remember a few months back I was after advice with regards to removing and replacing a ZT subframe, upper, and lower suspension arms, as well as some other bits.

I had today off, and finally got time to start the job. Don’t actually need the cars again for a week, as I’m on nights now so can use my wife’s. I managed to remove the old subframe, complete with upper and lower arms, and ARB and links as one piece. And only had to removed the silencer fixings, to allow the exhaust to drop a few inches. Including taking the springs and rear dampers off, it too just under 2 hours. Not too bad I thought.

Then the issues started. Firstly, digging out the replacement parts, I found the ARB brackets that I thought I’d had sand blasted and had then painted, hadn’t been! Still very rusty, so had to spend time cleaning them up and giving them a coat of paint. Then the massive washers that hold the subframe on were in equally poor state, and were something I hadn’t considered, so no replacements, so again, had to clean up as best as I can and give a coat of paint.

While the first coat was drying, I thought I’d crack on and get the new arms fitted to the replacement subframe, and any other bits I could do. It’s then that I notice one of the captive nuts for one of the arms is missing! It looks like I should be able to get in there to pop a nut on, preferably a nyloc, does anyone know what size these bolts are so I can get the right sized nut?

Also does anyone know the purpose of the scoop fitted to the back of the drivers side lower arm? The replacement arms didn’t come with one, and it looks like it’s riveted to the old arm.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote