Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th June 2018, 18:06   #1
kv6ness

mg zt

Default MG ZT KEYS etc etc

hi all longtime not being on here as my previous zt decided to go bang and throw a rod through the k series block !! which then put me right off lol

anyway now back with a new zt 2.5 190 in ignition blue 2005 has some issues namely rotton exhaust and rear arms a a tad rusty but went through mot ok 55500 miles full history etc so on to the title..

i bought the car with one key which is no good as my wife wants to use it and know her she will lose it ..

now as im a tech man and end up going off to diffrent parts of the world and have contact in the motor industry ive managed to gain a bit off equipment that will put new keys on and take the old ones off its not a clone box or anything its a decent one so thought id let you guys know once ive got it and uploaded the new software and i know it works imgoing to loan it out to people providing they give me there vin number to make sure there legitimate zt 75 owners club members etc

so ill post once ive done my key etc and let you all know if it works ok as it will save people hassle etc
kv6ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 21:12   #2
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kv6ness View Post

hi all longtime not being on here as my previous zt decided to go bang and throw a rod through the k series block !! which then put me right off lol

anyway now back with a new zt 2.5 190 in ignition blue 2005 has some issues namely rotton exhaust and rear arms a a tad rusty but went through mot ok 55500 miles full history etc so on to the title..

i bought the car with one key which is no good as my wife wants to use it and know her she will lose it ..

now as im a tech man and end up going off to diffrent parts of the world and have contact in the motor industry ive managed to gain a bit off equipment that will put new keys on and take the old ones off its not a clone box or anything its a decent one so thought id let you guys know once ive got it and uploaded the new software and i know it works imgoing to loan it out to people providing they give me there vin number to make sure there legitimate zt 75 owners club members etc

so ill post once ive done my key etc and let you all know if it works ok as it will save people hassle etc
Really??

So how are you going to police the use of this equipment, I can quote VIN from VRN so I'm sure others can do the same.

I can see a few pitfalls

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 21:47   #3
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Yep, Brian is spot on, very easy to quote VIN from a VRN, think this could cause more than a few issues.
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 22:03   #4
kv6ness

mg zt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyboy View Post
Yep, Brian is spot on, very easy to quote VIN from a VRN, think this could cause more than a few issues.
Mick
Well true ! So how would you suggest ! Open to ideas . Just trying to be helpful and save people money 🤔

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Old 9th June 2018, 22:12   #5
cb750chris
Trader

Rover 75 Tourer

Please be careful how you loan your equipment, I would be very upset if somebody borrowed this, using a vin (that could be read from any car on the street as it is displayed in the windscreen) and then used this to bypass my immobiliser.

Chris

Replacement keys programmed / supplied / cut

Diesel 135 upgrade available

IPK virginisation and T4 matching available

Sorry, due to a big change in home circumstances, I am unable to do any large jobs at present, but can still offer evening time diagnostics.
cb750chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 22:23   #6
kv6ness

mg zt

Should of explained more you have to go through the OBD port to make it work . However I've now decided not to bother with it as it's causing more hassle than good 😑 and don't want to upset anyone on here so going to not bother as i new ish to the mg zt / 75 thing and like the forum and you helpful lot in here 😊
Old 10th June 2018, 07:00   #7
fandango151
Loves to post

Rover 75

Just through the obd port for a fully working key?

That's a new one on me - the only ways I've seen are physically removing the ews to read it / write to it for transponder and then obd for the central locking board.

Interesting.
fandango151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2018, 21:17   #8
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kv6ness View Post
Should of explained more you have to go through the OBD port to make it work . However I've now decided not to bother with it as it's causing more hassle than good 😑 and don't want to upset anyone on here so going to not bother as i new ish to the mg zt / 75 thing and like the forum and you helpful lot in here 😊
Unfortunately that's no good for EWS3

I suspect the equipment you have acquired is for EWS 4.3 and above (not fitted to R40 models), and BMW CAS.

It is not possible to read the binary content of the EWS3 without first resetting the processor, which requires the physical grounding of a particular pin, and this definitely requires the removal of the unit from the car

If you get stuck making a spare key for your car, let me know, and I'm sure I can help out

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2018, 23:14   #9
kv6ness

mg zt

Thanks for the info 😀
I'm going to need a key so if it doesn't work then I know where to go . I'm getting the product for free so no love lost its software developted by a guy who was part of a software house ..

As they say don't know until you try it 😁😉

I love the mg zt and as petty that it all went south ..

If been fortunate enough to drive a roewe / mg7 and still not as good as a brit car .. they a mad about the mg mark there .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk