Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd July 2017, 10:08   #1
grs6680
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190

Default tourer rear springs (cdti)

morning gents,i was chating to some one and they commented on how low my tourer rear end was so i thought i would take a look, the springs are not broken and the shocks are not misted and have no leaks i`ve tried to have a look in the how to and all i get is saloons,do the springs lose tension over time, its only done 122.000 miles but while under her i see she has a tow bar fitted is it a easy job to change the springs thanks for looking any help would be great.

gordo
grs6680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2017, 13:18   #2
smudge.g
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDTi Connie SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs6680 View Post
morning gents,i was chating to some one and they commented on how low my tourer rear end was so i thought i would take a look, the springs are not broken and the shocks are not misted and have no leaks i`ve tried to have a look in the how to and all i get is saloons,do the springs lose tension over time, its only done 122.000 miles but while under her i see she has a tow bar fitted is it a easy job to change the springs thanks for looking any help would be great.

gordo
I have practically the same car (2003 Tourer CDTi, mileage is same too) just for 2 weeks now and my neighbour was driving her tractor behind me and made the same comment. We live in a rural location and the bottom has scraped parts of our track a couple of times. i was wondering whether the ride can be heightened. Again, not aware of any problems in the rear suspension either. Looking forward to any comments you might receive, as I love this car !!!
smudge.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2017, 14:34   #3
cb750chris
Trader

Rover 75 Tourer

Beware cheap aftermarket springs.
I fitted some a few years ago, and the car always looked low afterwards.
I swapped for some genuine sounds and gained about 15mm ride height (measured after driving a few miles, so had chance to settle).

There is a place in Sheffield that will make replacement springs, to pattern, but upgraded strength wide. I am going to be looking in to this later on this year, as when towing my car is still low (even though the nose weight is within the guide of 75kg)

Replacement keys programmed / supplied / cut

Diesel 135 upgrade available

IPK virginisation and T4 matching available

Sorry, due to a big change in home circumstances, I am unable to do any large jobs at present, but can still offer evening time diagnostics.
cb750chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2017, 15:09   #4
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Hi mate rear springs are pretty easy to change I've done quite a few myself, rather than explain how to do it and write up I'll post a link that shows you exactly how it's done hope that helps you mate.

I often find if people watch a video like this one it's much easier to understand, A note of caution don't use cheap springs like aftermarket type they don't tend to be very good. And also make sure that when you fit the springs you leave the waterways clear otherwise it just builds up loads of corrosion in where the water can't escape

https://youtu.be/rW8mFEaRMv4
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2017, 16:41   #5
grs6680
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyboy View Post
Hi mate rear springs are pretty easy to change I've done quite a few myself, rather than explain how to do it and write up I'll post a link that shows you exactly how it's done hope that helps you mate.

I often find if people watch a video like this one it's much easier to understand, A note of caution don't use cheap springs like aftermarket type they don't tend to be very good. And also make sure that when you fit the springs you leave the waterways clear otherwise it just builds up loads of corrosion in where the water can't escape

https://youtu.be/rW8mFEaRMv4
Mick

thanks for that mick looks very do able for me do you need the new rubbers if so were do i get them from.
grs6680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2017, 17:34   #6
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Hi mate last time I checked the Spring-isolator part number RKB100970 & RKB1000980 were no longer available at rimmers, so I used a set that I had that were in good condition, obviously from where I dismantle cars I try to keep some decent ones.

Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote