Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th August 2017, 17:53   #1
Mintee
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Cruise light....

For a few months I've not been able to get the steering wheel control buttons to work on my new (to me) CDT tourer that I bought with a (Sony) radio that didn't work with them and I fitted a (JVC) radio and connection harness from my old saloon (where it was fine) and it still didn't work.

Not deterred I bought the bits to fit the cruise, including steering buttons - fitted fine but still nothing worked. I changed the rotary coupler, still didn't work. Got some new steering buttons (could be bad luck....) but they still didn't work.

So I gave up and spent a couple of months with the radio and cruise buttons doing nothing..... Until this afternoon.

I switched on the ignition and this icon lit up on screen. Trouble is now the cruise still doesn't function and this is on all the time.

Any ideas where I should start looking to resolve this? It's all a bit weird.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Mintee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2017, 18:03   #2
Fusilier
Moderator / RS North East

MG ZT T 180,MGF Freestyle, Jaguar XKR Convertible and XF

Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintee View Post
For a few months I've not been able to get the steering wheel control buttons to work on my new (to me) CDT tourer that I bought with a (Sony) radio that didn't work with them and I fitted a (JVC) radio and connection harness from my old saloon (where it was fine) and it still didn't work.

Not deterred I bought the bits to fit the cruise, including steering buttons - fitted fine but still nothing worked. I changed the rotary coupler, still didn't work. Got some new steering buttons (could be bad luck....) but they still didn't work.

So I gave up and spent a couple of months with the radio and cruise buttons doing nothing..... Until this afternoon.

I switched on the ignition and this icon lit up on screen. Trouble is now the cruise still doesn't function and this is on all the time.

Any ideas where I should start looking to resolve this? It's all a bit weird.

Mintee

I would start by look at the low brake pad warning light, so would start by checking pads and brake pad sensors, then maybe start to look at the cruise control settings, best to get one of the T4 traders tp have a look

Stu

Project Gruple http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213155
Fusilier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2017, 18:27   #3
Mintee
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusilier View Post
I would start by look at the low brake pad warning light, so would start by checking pads and brake pad sensors, then maybe start to look at the cruise control settings, best to get one of the T4 traders tp have a look
Thanks, but I'm really not bothered about a brake pad warning light at the moment. I have new pads and wear sensors and will be changing them at some point.

But the cruise light coming on suddenly that I think I need to get to the bottom of. It has to be endemic of something that others might know about - the whole lot not working (although the horn buttons have always been fine with every set of buttons fitted) and that light 'coming on' when nothing else has changed seems very odd to me. Does anyone have an idea what I can actually look at?

If not, who has a T4 in Somerset?
Old 25th August 2017, 17:21   #4
Mintee
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Well, not much help, but I unplugged the module behind the glovebox and checked that turned the light off (it did) and plugged it back in. No light.

Old 26th August 2017, 09:51   #5
Vanbursta
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Conn

I think you may need a T4 session as I am sure the cruise needs coding to the car.
Old 26th August 2017, 10:12   #6
Mintee
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanbursta View Post
I think you may need a T4 session as I am sure the cruise needs coding to the car.
It will do to get resume function to work, but I don't see much point in trying to find a T4 near me if the rest isn't working.

Not used the car today, hoping the light stays out when I do, but wondering if the fault that made the display light when it was not being used (not even switched on) might mean the CCIU (SCB100212) box is faulty and that is the reason the whole thing doesn't work? I was rather hoping someone might have seen this problem before and have an idea what I should try to find out.
Old 26th August 2017, 19:52   #7
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

You need to........

A) have your car coded for cruise control

B) A diagnostic session that will identify why your cruise isn't working

A car which has cruise parts fitted without being coded to the car results in this happening.......ignition on, cruise master switch on, press resume and the cruise icon lights up.

If all is working ie steering wheel switches, and brake pedal switches, cruise can be engaged at speeds >28 MPH.

If this isn't happening, then you know what needs to be done next, and not every T4 operator will be able to alter the ZCS coding of the car to enable
cruise, so you need to check beforehand

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2017, 05:41   #8
Mintee
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
You need to........

A) have your car coded for cruise control
Thanks but there seems to be some confusion. I know that the cruise won't work properly on a diesel until it is coded but as I have no steering wheel buttons (other than the horns) working and since there is no response to my question about T4 options near Somerset, would rather get as much functioning as possible before driving across country for someone to tell me to go away and get them sorted as they aren't working!

Quote:
B) A diagnostic session that will identify why your cruise isn't working

A car which has cruise parts fitted without being coded to the car results in this happening.......ignition on, cruise master switch on, press resume and the cruise icon lights up.
That's interesting, but not what happened. Having perused many threads on here (and elsewhere) I fitted the parts not expecting the system to be perfect, but ought to be able to be set and not resume. But I got nothing. The dash light came on the other day having done nothing to the cruise at all for weeks. I have not switched it on since discovering that it doesn't work right as am presuming it is something to do with the steering wheel control cabling being faulty as the radio can't be controlled either. I've swapped out everything and the lack of function from the steering wheel buttons persists.

Given an odd electrical problem might cause a spurious dash light to come on only makes me think I might have a problem in the loom somewhere?

Quote:
If all is working ie steering wheel switches, and brake pedal switches, cruise can be engaged at speeds >28 MPH.[

If this isn't happening, then you know what needs to be done next, and not every T4 operator will be able to alter the ZCS coding of the car to enable
cruise, so you need to check beforehand

Brian
Okay, so where do I go from here, in Somerset , to find such a person?
Old 27th August 2017, 10:57   #9
cb750chris
Trader

Rover 75 Tourer

Hi,
A list of forum traders with a t4 is here:
https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s....php?p=1852900

There will be other t4s around. Although I suspect I may be one of your nearest club traders (although not really near). I should be able to sort your zcs codes out.

Hopefully you will get this sorted.
Regards
Chris

Replacement keys programmed / supplied / cut

Diesel 135 upgrade available

IPK virginisation and T4 matching available

Sorry, due to a big change in home circumstances, I am unable to do any large jobs at present, but can still offer evening time diagnostics.
cb750chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2017, 15:46   #10
Mintee
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb750chris View Post
Hi,
A list of forum traders with a t4 is here:
https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s....php?p=1852900

There will be other t4s around. Although I suspect I may be one of your nearest club traders (although not really near). I should be able to sort your zcs codes out.
Thanks very much for that. So there is nothing I can do before going to get a T4 session to try to find out what is wrong?

I think MGR South Devon is the closest as they are @45 miles away and you are the next closest @120 miles away (not sure if you are in Portsmouth or Fareham - either way you are a day trip away) I'll get it touch with them first and see what the situation is, then try and find time in the week to go down and see them.....

I also have two keys that need reconnecting (they both unlock and drive the car but the remote plipper doesn't work) as well as the radio and cruise buttons not functioning. Wonder what else will be found wrong?