Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th February 2008, 19:31   #51
brownie21
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8T Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover View Post
Checkout Ebay Item No.190193559695,which is an Aluminium Body Panel together with the mystery badge.
Aluminium would lead me back to my original guess that it was Landrover,but someone should now be able to identify the Panel.
Yeah, that's the same one. Well spotted matey. Still unsure of the car though.........

brownie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2008, 19:45   #52
ragitty
I really should get out more.......

Jeep Cherokee Orvis

Hey Brwnie I have sent an email off with a pic of the badge to the P4 owners club, someone suggested it might be from an early p4 spare wheel securing panel. soon as I hear anything, if I hear anything I will obviously post a reply to you.
Old 23rd August 2018, 09:55   #53
Dorchester2
incurable Rover addict

Rover 75 Saloon V6 2.5 1999 - Rover 25 1.4 2002 - Rover 214i cab 1994 - Rover P5b coupe 1968

Smile Refreshing an old thread

ASSOCIATION OF LAND ROVER CLUBS LIMITED 28.12.16
HISTORY OF THE ASSOCIATION

At about this time a group of Land Rover Enthusiasts approached the Rover Company with the proposal that a club be formed to cater for private Land Rover owners. The Company took this idea on board and formed the LAND ROVER OWNERS CLUB Ltd. This was wholly owned by the Rover Company and the central organisation was based at Solihull. The Company funded and provided staff for the club. Separate area branches were set up in different parts of the UK and also abroad. These were self-governing but all abided by the central organisation rules etc. All funding went through the central body. A journal called ‘Land Rover Review’ was published by the Company and mailed to each individual member on a quarterly basis.

By this time the Rover Company had introduced the Rover 2000 car. This was a much sportier model than previous ones and appealed to younger drivers. These new drivers also wanted to join a club that had company backing. As a result of these requests the Company revised the Club Structure. The branches of the Land Rover Owners Club were made into autonomous bodies, each self-funding etc., and were asked to rename as Rover Owners Clubs. These new clubs were in turn affiliated to a new body, again owned by the Company, called the ROVER OWNERS ASSOCIATION [ROA]. Each member of an affiliated club could, on payment of a small fee, be a life member of the Headquarters Club of the ROA. The Company again funded the new central body and provided a secretariat. Each year the ROA [Headquarters Club] organised a National Rally. As each member of an individual club was also a member of the ROA, he or she could attend this National event. The quarterly publication continued, now titled ‘Rover Review’. Each new Rover product, be it a car or Land Rover, had in the owners handbook, an invitation to join the Association. The newly formed autonomous clubs were given the legal approval to use various Company logos in their title after the designs were approved.

The ASSOCIATION OF ROVER CLUBS LTD [ARC] was established in 1978 to replace the Rover Owners Association. British Leyland was now the owner of the Company and decided to withdraw from club organisation. The quarterly publication ceased soon after. The previously affiliated clubs formed a new association. The general Committee proposed an association of clubs, not individuals, and this was adopted. Individuals were encouraged to join their local club. The Company approved an Association Badge and member clubs were allowed to incorporate Company Logo into their title and Badges. At its inception most, but not all, clubs were area based, catering for all ages and models of vehicle. The area clubs have continued but recent times have seen a rapid growth in clubs specifically for one particular model in the range, such as the land Rover “101 Forward Control Club & Register”.

Following the departure of the last “car” club from the Association, the ASSOCIATION OF ROVER CLUBS LTD became the ASSOCIATION OF LAND ROVER CLUBS LTD in order to better describe the intentions of the Association.

In 2016 the Association had some 37 UK based member clubs and 10 overseas clubs, representing approximately 10000 individuals in the UK alone.

From http://www.alrc.co.uk/home/history.html

BTW I may add that I've got one from Ebay 2 years ago and that it is now screwed on the sliding wood door of my main garage.
I think that 2 'classical' badges are enough for my front grill mesh (RAC & AA, that are also my initials!).
  • This vehicle was the 2,032nd 75 in Atlantic Blue Pearlescent (code: JEY) to be made out of 2,572 Atlantic Blue Pearlescent 75s

Last edited by Dorchester2; 23rd August 2018 at 09:59..
Dorchester2 is offline   Reply With Quote