Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th December 2017, 05:57   #31
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Interesting thread, IMO due to the age of the 75's you would have to consider them a project car and as such will need quite a bit of maintenance to keep them in good reliable condition.

Given the 75's in general appeal to the older driver then, it becomes more and more difficult for the home mechanic however, it is fortunate that the folk on the forum are bend over backwards helpful.

I bought my Tour CDTI for £255, prepared it for our holiday and drove over 3k miles to Spain and back with 5 adults, never missed a beat even in 40c temperatures. On return I sold it for £350 mainly because of paint work short MOT, would I buy another yes and will in spring.

I'm driving a 52 passat 2.0 s 20 valve with 84K miles on it, drives like a new car and cost me a touch over £400. I have to say the cdti was a pain around town but, a wonderful cruiser.

Now I've passed all my ADI tests and qualified as a driving instructor, my bum will be stuck in a corsa or something similar.

Over the years I have had plenty of new cars however, as time goes on the penny drops and you realise it really is luck of the draw despite what you pay for a motor. If you want to have a flash car parked on your drive to impress folk then, prepare for the huge bills that go with it.
rustymotor is offline   Reply With Quote