Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd November 2007, 12:02   #1
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Default 2001 Y CDT Tourer for sale £3000 ish

This is a heads up before I put in on Autotrader or Ebay for around £3000
For those that have read the threads the big jobs Clutch, Gearbox, Kenlowe fan etc are done.

There are a few cosmetic things still to sort out which I am working through (it has one dead PDC sensor, a split drivers door seal, a missing sunroof blind clip) but I may leave those for the next owner as I have loads of other things I ought to be getting on with at this time of year so I shouldn't spend every weekend playing with cars.

The paintwork has a fair few paint chips etc and there is a noticeable scuff on the rear bumper. Paint is one thing I am no good at sorting out so I will leave the car in an 'honest' condition rather than touch things up or trying to hide any marks

The Car is a Club SE with Dip and Sunroof Mot till late April 142k on the clock currently sorned. Mechanically it is not bad at all two new tyres new pads all round healthy Maf and fuel pumps etc, Engine has not been messed about with no intake mods or Ron boxes etc, i.e previous owner kept it maintained but could not afford to do the clutch and gearbox hence why I bought it.

It owes me a fair bit of money as the replacement gearbox rather blew my planned budget so if I can't recover costs I will keep it and sell my Citroen Picasso (which won't go down well with the kids!)

Now on Ebay at £3250 buy it now and a slightly lower reserve
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:X:AAQ:GB:1123

Last edited by Keith; 6th November 2007 at 21:01..
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 13:24   #2
Gryphon
Passed Away

75 CDT Connoisseur + VW Trike + Kawasaki 1000LTD

It's looking nice Keith i wouldn't have thought you would have any problems selling it. Especially with all the work you have done on it.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 13:40   #3
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

I think Kandyman knows someone that is after a Diesel (not sure about Tourer though)?

I'd have it as a runaround but SWMBO says its got to have a Auto Box!!
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 14:17   #4
rollsey1
Loves to post

Honda Super Magna

Well done Keith. It's good you have kept it on the road - there seems to be an alarming number being sold for spares currently.
A good honest description too
rollsey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 18:24   #5
pondweed
This is my second home

Waiter, Waiter! I seem to have a Roomster in my drive...

keith - how many owners has it had and what is the interior like? And how does it drive in comparison to your wider knowledge of CDTs? (cant remember if your saloon is a manual or not...)
pondweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 20:44   #6
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

It has had four owners according to the V5, I reckon it is an ex rep mobile
Interior is ok, but with 140K on the clock this car is not currently a show stopper! I reckon it has been smoked in though at some time as there is a very small burn type hole right between the crouch area on the drivers seat

The seats being dark grey are probably the most practical colour but I am not that keen on the colour of the vinyl trim black and grey.

Normal odd scuff in the boot area. and a couple of nicks in one of the door cards It has definitely had a dog in the boot as it was a bit pongy when I got it which took some serious hoovering and shampooing to get rid of

I really don't understand why some people with Dogs let their cars get into a mess it is not hard to clean up if done regularly.

It might even have a FBH if I get it repaired in time

Tomorrow I am going to take the rear bumper off and check the nearside PDC sensor and if I get time I am going to see if the sunroof clip can be found.

There is going to be one fault on it I can't fix, the OBC display has lost a couple of lines in the display still readable annoying but it does not warrant a new cluster just for that.

I bought a cluster from a breakers but I then discovered you need a pretty special desoldering station to get the OBC ribbon cable off in one piece

It drives fine these engines are amazing 142 thousand miles and no smoke nothing!
One thing worth mentioning the gear change is miles better than on my saloon so that is going to get a gearbox oil change soon probably on Sunday.

Last edited by Keith; 2nd November 2007 at 20:48..
Old 2nd November 2007, 20:51   #7
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

If it is the standard Diesel Display (no message centre) I have a Brand new one boxed, Purchased in error for a Message one.
Don't laugh I got Product Numbers muddled.
Personally I keep it and get rid of the Wifes. Sorry Wifes Motor.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 20:52   #8
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollsey1 View Post
Well done Keith. It's good you have kept it on the road - there seems to be an alarming number being sold for spares currently.
A good honest description too
Cheers, all in this car has cost me a few bob more than I planned and if you took a hypothetical labour charge into account it would probably not have been worth the effort but it would have been criminal to break it.
Old 2nd November 2007, 20:55   #9
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDotCom View Post
If it is the standard Diesel Display (no message centre) I have a Brand new one boxed, Purchased in error for a Message one.
Don't laugh I got Product Numbers muddled.
Personally I keep it and get rid of the Wifes. Sorry Wifes Motor.
Cheers John this is a Message centre display so crying out for a traffic master install
I would keep it as well but the reality is the Picasso is more sensible when carrying five people especially when one is a baby seat!

If this was a Con SE with cream leather I would sell the Saloon but I do like all my toys

Last edited by Keith; 2nd November 2007 at 21:02..
Old 2nd November 2007, 21:00   #10
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

I must say Unions are growing on me and no I have not blacked the tyres in the above pictures!

Two wheels have a couple of kerb marks but when you compare these that have done a high mileage to the shocking state the relativlely low mileage Apex alloys were in on my 260 when I bought it there is no comparison these have survived really well and cleaned up really easily