Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th January 2008, 13:36   #1
efreeti
Gets stuck in

ZT-T CDT 130+ (04) & 75 Tourer CDT Auto (52) & a 1998 MGF (with HGF!)

Default Damaged Rover 214 si up for grabs

SWMBO managed to have an arguement with a bollard in M&S carpark. The bollard won so I am now offering her car to members before sticking it on ebay.

It is a dark red 214 si, S reg with about 45k on the clock. My dad and I did a proper HG replacement last year with the improved gaskets, had the head properLy planed, new stretch bolts etc etc. Anyway, it has done a few thousand miles with no problems. Also had new belts, tappits and some other bits done to the engine over the last 2 years. The engine, clutch, gearbox etc all seem in very good shape. Tyres and brakes are fine. Generally not a bad little run around.

However...

It needs a new drivers wing and drivers door, including wing mirror. The wing could be repaired I guess but a replacement from a scrapper would be easier and cheaper. It is a fairly standard colour so should be simple enough to find off the hundreds of HGF victims sat in scrap yards across the country.

It was sat on a drive for about 12 months after I pranged it a couple of years ago on the other side. I put a new wing on it then and a new headlight and patched some damage to the bumper so there are a couple of fairly noticable paint patches on that side as well. If you are getting a wing and a door for it though it might be worth sticking a bumper on as well but we have lived with it for a year or so now and it isn't that bad.

Whilst it was sat some water pooling tookplace in water channel on top of the boot. You can only see it from the inside when the boot is open but the skin around the hinges is rusted through in places. I was in the process of patching it when the prang happened so haven't bothered finishing it. The structure is fine as the hinges are bolted to the frame, it is just the skin above them that has rotted.

The sunroof seems to be leaking a bit. There are a few wet patches inside and it smells a bit damp!

MOT runs out in Feb, I have no idea what work would need to be done to make it pass. There were no warning on the last one.

It really is no oil painting but it seems a shame to just scrap it whilst the engine seems ok. A new wing, door and some TLC would probably make it a nice cheap run around for someone. However I am sick to death of it and want it gone. Julie needs something a bit bigger anyway as we are having our second child in a couple of weeks.

We will keep using it until the end of Jan after which it will be available if anyone wants it. Good condition these are still worth about £800 but the loss of no claims bonus and £250 excess makes it pointless doing an insurance claim really. I could probably get more for it by selling the steering wheel, radio, seats etc seperatley and then weighing it in for scrap but if somebody fancies a project themselves they can have it for £175. I reckon a couple of hundred quid and a few days work would get it back up to somewhere near market value.

I will post some pictures at the weekend.
efreeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2008, 15:42   #2
empsburna
Gets stuck in

Other Manufacturer

sounds like a bargain - get some pics up
empsburna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2008, 17:07   #3
efreeti
Gets stuck in

ZT-T CDT 130+ (04) & 75 Tourer CDT Auto (52) & a 1998 MGF (with HGF!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by empsburna View Post
sounds like a bargain - get some pics up
Bargain? Damn it, did I say £175? I meant erm... £375. Yes thats right £375!!!

Seriously though, £175 is enough to save me the hassle of trying to sell it on ebay or just wasting the money and scrapping it. I really should just do the work myself and try and get £600 for it on ebay but with the new baby coming it isn't really an option.

Wait for the pics before you decide if it is a bargain or not
efreeti is offline   Reply With Quote