Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > The Valeting Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th October 2012, 20:42   #1
James_Death
Gets stuck in

EX.2001 Rover 75 Conn SE 2.0, CDT,155 Brake, BRG

Default Sweet Smelling fallout Remover.

Ok People... Is it Possible to get a sweet smelling fallout remover???... Going to post my finding's on...

Bilt Hamber Korrosol Ferrous Metal Fallout Remover...

You Get a nice hefty 1lt bottle for a very good price.
At time of posting this test it RRP is £12.95... For 1lt....

Weight of bottle with spray head attached and contents...1149 Grams.

So after foaming and 2 bucket washing in this case the shampoo was the excellent Bilt Hamber Auto Wash.

It was ready for the fallout remover on what felt a very smooth car still, after removing a years grime.

So Iron-X pretty much brought the whole fallout remover to a wider audience with the addition of a colour change element so you could actually see the fallout been dissolved.

Well Bilt Hamber Korrosol Changes Colour also... But with a sweet Batten Burg cake smell... you know that artificial cherry smell.... if you have smelt the Autobrite Cherry Glaze it smells just like that....

So taped off Bonnet a site of most likely contamination.

Now the bonnet has a fair few rusty stone chips from its 12 years and 62K miles life. These will be the very long dark runs to the front of the Bonnet.

Products Applied....

Now as ever Bilt Hamber produce some great products in simple but effective packaging... however as ever the instructions if any are spartan on the packaging although there website has application details for there products and pdf downloads.

They do tend to enclose A4 sheets with there posted products with instructions but the bottles themselves are rather bereft.

This really could do with been addressed although it does bring about more cost with printing and the labels themselves... But it would be appreciated not having to keep hold of separate sheets or turn the Computer on to check method of use.

Any How the Korrosol is listed as not requiring any agitation, so can well lessen the inherent risk of inflicting fine scratches etc that you could get with any agitating on the body work.

For the test i will test without agitation and another with agitation as is the case with Iron-X.

Both Products gave instant reactions when applied to the bonnet.

Bilt Hamber Korrosol...

Iron-X...

Now in use i got the odd whiff from the Iron-X nothing major.

The Korrosol you got its pleasant smell mainly as you sprayed.

The only time i got a slight sickly sweet feeling was one brief instant when doing the roof due to the fact i had been getting the slight smell of batten burg as i went round the car but as my nose was a lot closer to the nozzle when doing the roof it had gotten a little to much and started to smell sickly sweet but that passed in a few seconds.

The Korrosol weighed... 1115 grams. After the Half Bonnet test.

Now both left for 3 mins about max time in the sun of the day before its going to quickly dry out which you wish to avoid with these products.

Both rinsed off as per Korrosol instructions whereas Iron-X states take a damp sponge to it first.

I then applied the Iron-X where i had used the Korrosol and Vise Versa.

Now both sides reacted not surprisingly on the rusted stone chips... however on the other sections of the panels the side previously treated with Korrosol and followed with Iron-X i had about 2 very tiny reaction spots.

The side previously treated with Iron-x and then followed with Korrosol gave me 5 very tiny sections of reaction.

Now thats not a true indication of one been better than the other but it does show both products are outstanding at there job of Fallout removal...:thumb:

Korrosol weight 1082 grams

So one hit of fallout remover could well be all you need on body panels.

You could just spray one bit again after, and gauge if there is any reaction to warrant another hit.

I gave the whole bonnet another go with iron-x just to be sure and absolutely no reaction at all.

Now Korrosol agitation or not... for this test i did the hatch, coating it all with Korrosol but only taking a damp grout sponge to one side.

After rinsing off and spraying the whole of the hatch again there was more of a reaction although only a few tiny spots to the non agitated side.

So to ensure full coverage and most removal of fallout i would go for the agitate with a damp sponge to the Bilt Hamber Korrosol the same process as with Iron-X.

So went all round the Yaris Including Glass and Skirts.

Korrosol 874 grams in weight after doing the whole of the yaris.

You can spray on and simply rinse off but seamed to get a very and i do mean very slightly better performance of an already great performing product with the agitation.
James_Death is offline   Reply With Quote