Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th February 2024, 12:10   #1
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts
Default Another pothole victim.

After hitting them for the last 6 months at least and getting away with it it's now cost me a new tyre on my 45,luckily it didn't buckle the wheel.I'm amazed this situation is allowed to continue,they are absolutely everywhere. The danger they must pose to motorcyclists alone means they need urgent attention.Surely a temporary filling can be used untill they can be addressed properly.I would be happy to withhold road tax untill something was done,sadly I would be a voice in the wilderness.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2024, 15:38   #2
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

The least one can do is report it, here you go!

https://www.gov.uk/report-pothole

At least one can feel an effort has been made.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2024, 16:57   #3
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
The least one can do is report it, here you go!

https://www.gov.uk/report-pothole

At least one can feel an effort has been made.

Done but I have little faith that it will make any difference,the problem is so widespread out of hand.

Old 9th February 2024, 17:04   #4
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

I agree on the expectation, but there is more chance once submitted.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2024, 17:44   #5
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Take photos of pothole and damage and ask the council or highways to pay for the damage. Pothole does need to be I think of a certain size but even if you do not get any money what the heck

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2024, 17:55   #6
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Take photos of pothole and damage and ask the council or highways to pay for the damage. Pothole does need to be I think of a certain size but even if you do not get any money what the heck

macafee2
It asks you to describe the pothole in the reporting procedure,Ian.

I honestly don''t believe I'm exaggerating when I say there are potholes at some point on up to 50% of Derbyshire's roads,some of them large and deep.It was the main headline on East Midlands TV news a couple of months back.It featured a garage who were dealing wirh ruined tyres and buckled wheels on a daily basis.

Old 9th February 2024, 19:11   #7
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

The higher your couucil tax goes ... the deeper the poholes get. Sorry but unfortunately its true.
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2024, 20:56   #8
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

I hit another one today with the same wheel (ns front) my heart sank initially but seems to be ok.I would have been more than a little vexed if a one day old tyre had have been trashed. Message to Derbyshire County Council. Your road surfaces are an absolute DISGRACE!

Last edited by VVC-Geeza; 10th February 2024 at 21:33.. Reason: Change of wording.
Old 11th February 2024, 14:58   #9
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

I noticed my car was going over speed humps lopsided a couple of weeks back & on investigation the new Monroe front nearside shock has no movement in it. I phoned Best of British who supplied it & they said that would be unusual but they would replace it if it was faulty.
However l recall going down a large pothole at the verge of a narrow lane when passing another car at night the day before l noticed the fault & suspect that the shock absorber has bent. As it happens l have a spare SAIC shock which can go on but l will buy another Monroe from BoB if this proves to be the case.

Much of our road network is currently atrocious & we appear to be heading back to the 18th century in places.

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2024, 16:23   #10
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rovering Member View Post
I noticed my car was going over speed humps lopsided a couple of weeks back & on investigation the new Monroe front nearside shock has no movement in it. I phoned Best of British who supplied it & they said that would be unusual but they would replace it if it was faulty.
However l recall going down a large pothole at the verge of a narrow lane when passing another car at night the day before l noticed the fault & suspect that the shock absorber has bent. As it happens l have a spare SAIC shock which can go on but l will buy another Monroe from BoB if this proves to be the case.

Much of our road network is currently atrocious & we appear to be heading back to the 18th century in places.

Sorry to hear about your suspension woes.I've had quite a few items from Best of British and never had a problem.There is always a first time but I suspect you a right about the real culprit.The problem is so bad in this area I find myself constantly scanning the road surface for potholes,not something you can do at night of course.I completely agree with your last statement and are amazed there isn't a national outcry about the damage being caused to tyres,wheels and suspension components.Hope you sort it out quickly and manage to avoid further problems.

Last edited by VVC-Geeza; 11th February 2024 at 16:25..