Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

View Poll Results: Are you having Radio Reception Issues
Yes - FM Issues 20 45.45%
No - FM Issues 6 13.64%
Yes - AM Issues 12 27.27%
No - AM Issues 6 13.64%
Yes - TMC Issues 6 13.64%
No - TMC Issues 4 9.09%
Yes - RDS Issues 8 18.18%
No - RDS Issues 7 15.91%
Yes - All of the above 4 9.09%
No - I have NO ISSUES AT ALL 15 34.09%
I AM using a Splitter 9 20.45%
I am NOT using a Splitter 17 38.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7th February 2011, 13:46   #141
RichB
Gets stuck in

ZT260 SE, ZT-T+ CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKUK View Post
I guess the first thing is to see who wants them, then I can give an estimate on timescales, as there's no point doing them in dribs and drabs as that just increases on postage costs for the bits required..
Mark,

Thanks for all your efforts in working out a solution.

In my case, I don't think this is optimal. I am currently running the standard aerial (from the OEM amp in the C-pillar) to the DD and have removed the splitter to the TMC altogether. I can now get a lot of FM channels put the reception is by no means perfect. I regularly drive from Berkshire to Cleveland and a lot of other places across the country, and there a number of areas where I can't get good national radio reception, such as R1. I never had such issues with my old Kenwood.

Now, I still have one of those in line filter/amplifier things fitted. I will try removing this in case it is introducing another issue, but I think the solution would be better external amplification of the signal or support from the factory on improving the radio 'electronics', which I gather is unlikely.

Did you try running the aerial through your amp into the radio input, without considering the TMC? Did it give any noticeable difference? I guess this is difficult if you are already in a good reception area.

I'm not convinced the TMC needs as much amplification as the radio. When the splitter was installed my TMC was working fine but I could barely pick any FM channels up on the radio.

Cheers,
Rich
53 MG ZT 260 SE Monogram Garnet Red #073
61 Seat Exeo ST TDI Daily Driver
99 Mazda MX-5 Turbo tracktoy
RichB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2011, 14:09   #142
MARKUK
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 2.0 CD DIESEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post
Mark,

Thanks for all your efforts in working out a solution.

In my case, I don't think this is optimal. I am currently running the standard aerial (from the OEM amp in the C-pillar) to the DD and have removed the splitter to the TMC altogether. I can now get a lot of FM channels put the reception is by no means perfect. I regularly drive from Berkshire to Cleveland and a lot of other places across the country, and there a number of areas where I can't get good national radio reception, such as R1. I never had such issues with my old Kenwood.

Now, I still have one of those in line filter/amplifier things fitted. I will try removing this in case it is introducing another issue, but I think the solution would be better external amplification of the signal or support from the factory on improving the radio 'electronics', which I gather is unlikely.

Did you try running the aerial through your amp into the radio input, without considering the TMC? Did it give any noticeable difference? I guess this is difficult if you are already in a good reception area.

I'm not convinced the TMC needs as much amplification as the radio. When the splitter was installed my TMC was working fine but I could barely pick any FM channels up on the radio.

Cheers,
Rich
Hi Rich,

Is what you have something like this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12V-Amplified-...item5d2d4c9120

As we have all found out, you get what you pay for !...and with that it's nowt !...

I have mine in the glovebox, soon to be bin as it's worse than useless..

You should make sure that all your connections are solid and the amp in the pillar is getting the 12v feed as that could be one of your problems.

As with everything in my job ( I work in I.T. ) it's hard to diagnose fully without seeing the problems 1st hand..

I have the amps available to order, but it's hard to say it's going to work if you have other issues going on also. It may be that you need one of the two amps I have available to boost your aerial signal.

I did run the aerial straight into the DD without going anywhere near TMC and it's nigh on perfect, hence finding the fix for those of us who paid for an RDS / TMC model, only to find we couldn't use it to it's full potential due to splitting the signal between the two..

In my case the reception was good enough with just the aerial into the DD, it was when I introduced the splitter to enable the TMC use that I started having issues

My solution does away with that and I did find when going through all the steps that I did need the 22db Amp to boost the TMC using the method I have detailed in my posts..

All I know is the current "fix" works for me !

I hope this helps somewhat !?!

*** NO TMC MOD KITS AVAILABLE !! ***

See the TMC / RADIO VIDEOS HERE....

Send me an Email HERE….

Signup for Sugarsync HERE..

http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...GBP_5_dark.png

Last edited by MARKUK; 7th February 2011 at 14:34..
MARKUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2011, 17:07   #143
RichB
Gets stuck in

ZT260 SE, ZT-T+ CDTi

Quote:
Hi Rich,

Is what you have something like this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12V-Amplified-...item5d2d4c9120

As we have all found out, you get what you pay for !...and with that it's nowt !...
Yep, that's it. I only bought and fitted one when others on here said they had some improvement from it. I only fitted it after fitting the splitter and it made no difference.

Quote:
You should make sure that all your connections are solid and the amp in the pillar is getting the 12v feed as that could be one of your problems.
Yep, amp in the pillar is working and connections are good.

Quote:
I did run the aerial straight into the DD without going anywhere near TMC and it's nigh on perfect, hence finding the fix for those of us who paid for an RDS / TMC model, only to find we couldn't use it to it's full potential due to splitting the signal between the two...
This is what I have now and it is not perfect. I'll probably need to try one of your amps to boost my radio reception and see if that clears that problem, then work out what to do with the TMC later.

Cheers,
Rich
53 MG ZT 260 SE Monogram Garnet Red #073
61 Seat Exeo ST TDI Daily Driver
99 Mazda MX-5 Turbo tracktoy
RichB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2011, 17:20   #144
MARKUK
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 2.0 CD DIESEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post
Yep, that's it. I only bought and fitted one when others on here said they had some improvement from it. I only fitted it after fitting the splitter and it made no difference.

Yep, amp in the pillar is working and connections are good.

This is what I have now and it is not perfect. I'll probably need to try one of your amps to boost my radio reception and see if that clears that problem, then work out what to do with the TMC later.

Cheers,
Rich
Hi Rich,

Well I have two versions available...

see this post...

http://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/sh...ad.php?t=77691

Like I said though, without seeing your problem 1st hand, it's a bit difficult to say if either of these will do the trick...

PM me if you want one though and I can add you to the list...

*** NO TMC MOD KITS AVAILABLE !! ***

See the TMC / RADIO VIDEOS HERE....

Send me an Email HERE….

Signup for Sugarsync HERE..

http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...GBP_5_dark.png

MARKUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 12:37   #145
Radioguy
Banned

None

Default How Many ?

Hi Guys, Can we start a list of how many of these will be needed?

Sean
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote