Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: Scotland
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st November 2016, 10:29   #1
p5tgc
Regular poster

Now sold

Default Scottish All Rover Rally 2017?

The SARR committee met to review the 2016 Rally at Thirlestane Castle and to consider whether or not it would be feasible to organise a similar rally in 2017.
The Committee considered that overall, this year's rally was very successful. While the total of 65 entrants was certainly less than in previous years, 12 entrants, including several 'regulars' ventured up from England, and a total of 10 entrants were attending SARR for the first time. We had glorious weather and many fine vehicles on display, making for a very enjoyable day.
The Committee has made clear on this website and in Rally programmes over the last few years that it would not be possible to continue unless new, younger people volunteered to join the Committee to replace long serving members who have retired and are proposing to retire. No volunteers have come forward to fill key positions (including that of the post of chairman which has now also become vacant) and thus it was reluctantly concluded that as the Committee now has insufficient members to continue, it was effectively at an end. Consequently we have to announce that there will be no SARR in 2017.
Despite this unfortunate outcome, it is to the credit of organisers and entrants that the event is going out on the high note of the 2016 Rally in its 22nd year. We wish to thank Committee members past and present for their work in developing the SARR to the high quality event it had become. We also wish to thank all those Rover and Land Rover owners who have attended and supported the event over all these years.
Finally, a small number of former Committee members are considering some other type of Rover and Land Rover event in May 2017 which would require a minimum of organisation and, inevitably, not be on the same lines as a traditional SARR as we have known it. A decision on whether or not to proceed with such an event will be taken by the end of 2016. For information on that decision, and in due course details of the event if it is to go ahead, please contact Ian Headrick on 01383 880738.
p5tgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2016, 19:12   #2
Graham1961
Moderator / RS East Scotland

Rover 75 1.8 Conn Se saloon

I am quite sorry to read this Trevor, I attended my first SARR at Thirlstane in 2009 and was there this year and have loved them all, they have always been well attended.

I hope something comes out of this and we can still have some sort of Rover/Land Rover meet as i have met many enthusiastic owners and made friends at this meet.

Perhaps allowing MG owners sports/saloons etc would widen the audience ?
Old 21st November 2016, 19:19   #3
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

That's a shame. So, is it off for good?

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2016, 19:33   #4
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAHAM1961 View Post
I am quite sorry to read this Trevor, I attended my first SARR at Thirlstane in 2009 and was there this year and have loved them all, they have always been well attended.

I hope something comes out of this and we can still have some sort of Rover/Land Rover meet as i have met many enthusiastic owners and made friends at this meet.

Perhaps allowing MG owners sports/saloons etc would widen the audience ?
Your a regular at these Big G.

I remember the one at East Kilbride .

Was a good day that .

It was sweltering hot .
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2016, 21:21   #5
Graham1961
Moderator / RS East Scotland

Rover 75 1.8 Conn Se saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravinder View Post
That's a shame. So, is it off for good?
I'm not sure Rav, i hope not I'm going to contact Trevor later and find out if anything can be salvaged, but it is due to members of their committee retiring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
Your a regular at these Big G.

I remember the one at East Kilbride .

Was a good day that .

It was sweltering hot .
I remember that May 2012 you and Tam were there and it was HOT.
Old 21st November 2016, 21:36   #6
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

As a former class winner and show winner with my SD1 Vitesse I'm also sorry to see this rally come to an end.

Unfortunately nowadays very few folks want to take the time necessary to organise such events.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2016, 11:47   #7
St Andrews Rover

Rover 75

Default Sarr

2016 was my first Rover Rally and like all there that day I thoroughly enjoyed it, so a pity no more rallies but I am sure Ian Headrick will arrange something.......lets hope.
St Andrews Rover is offline   Reply With Quote