Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24th August 2015, 10:20   #1
le-sabre
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

Default Sat Nav drive unit repaired !!

Hi guys,
I though i'd share a little success that I had over the weekend ( it doesn't happen too often )
My Sat Nav unit in my 2005 ZTT developed the fault that causes it to stay on constantly and run the battery down, red led permananty on. On taking it out I could see the expected traces of water damage so I was all ready to scrap it and look for another so I decided to take it apart and have a look as I had nothing to lose.
I took out the actual drive to insect it but no visible damage could be seen. So now i'm thinking a component or two are faulty which I don't have th eresources to fix these days. My last attempt was to take the front panel off and strip that down, and I came across the ribbon connector that connects the front panel to the main pcb. On the connector I could see that it had had water ingress and had "furred" up the connector so I took them apart and cleanes up the cable ( carefully as one track had actually lifted from the plastic backing ) used a toothbrush to clean out the connector. I had to do both ends it turns out.
It only works now :-)
When I work out how to post a pic i'll put one up. I only have one of the cleaned up components though as I kinda got focused on fixing it .. but it will be good for a reference of the cable/connectors i'm on about

Ski Blue, Climate control, sunroof, rain sensor, headlamp washer, parking sensors, Xenon, Blue Alcantera/leather, 18" Gridspoke

This vehicle was the 1st ZT-T in Ski Blue (code: JHI) to be made out of 3 Ski Blue ZT-Ts & the only diesel ZT-T in Ski Blue.
This vehicle was the 7,369th ZT-T to run off the production line, out of 8,249
This vehicle was the 2,352nd ZT-T CDTi + (135) to be made out of 2,795
le-sabre is offline   Reply With Quote