Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st April 2010, 11:51   #111
tony_fry
I really should get out more.......

BMW I3

Has anyone been able to progress there tracking number yet, I have looked today, and it still has nothing showing, from the email from Sean, it can take 48/72 hours to show? which seems strange as when we send items out from my work via Parcelforce, we can track them on line within a couple hours of sending.

Membership No 135
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 11:57   #112
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_fry View Post
Has anyone been able to progress there tracking number yet, I have looked today, and it still has nothing showing, from the email from Sean, it can take 48/72 hours to show? which seems strange as when we send items out from my work via Parcelforce, we can track them on line within a couple hours of sending.
Hi Tony
The UK Postal system is the best in the world and I believe you. This is EMS.
48/72 Hours is normal and when they are doing their job!
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 12:01   #113
tony_fry

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Hi Tony
The UK Postal system is the best in the world and I believe you. This is EMS.
48/72 Hours is normal and when they are doing their job!
Thanks Sean, no doubt the units will arrive before they show as being show on there web site, what is there "normal" delivery? I was under the impression it's 3-5 working days from other items I have purchased from China

Membership No 135
Old 21st April 2010, 13:46   #114
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

For Information:
Nearly all Air Freight is currently on hold except for perishable goods to allow more flights to get people back home
which should take about 10 days to complete as pre booked flight seats have preference.
Many planes are of course also in the wrong locations to restart the full timetable slots.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 16:54   #115
tony_fry

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDotCom View Post
For Information:
Nearly all Air Freight is currently on hold except for perishable goods to allow more flights to get people back home
which should take about 10 days to complete as pre booked flight seats have preference.
Many planes are of course also in the wrong locations to restart the full timetable slots.
Thanks John, you are the bearer of bad news, I was hoping the unit would arrive before the National Meet, but it does not look like it now, I have just checked my tracking number and there is still nothing showing up on EMS web site, which means the unit has not even been sent out of China yet

Membership No 135
Old 22nd April 2010, 17:01   #116
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Quote:
Thanks John, you are the bearer of bad news, I was hoping the unit would arrive before the National Meet, but it does not look like it now, I have just checked my tracking number and there is still nothing showing up on EMS web site, which means the unit has not even been sent out of China yet
Tony

FWIW, I ordered some bits from the USA on the 14th......they show on the USPS site that they've been collected, but after that nothing.......I suspect a lot of freight is in limbo at the moment.
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 17:04   #117
italianstallion
Loves to post

Currently - Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Tony it took about 3 days for any tracking info to show on mine, and that was when there were no flight disruptions. Don't bother trying to track it on the home page, go into the actual tracking page as the home page didn't work for me. Once it shows the item as dispatched there was no update for about another 4 days then all of a sudden it shows up as arrived UK customs, then cleared from customs, and then it gets delivered about a day later. I'd give it 10 - 14 days in total just to be safe, but if your fortunate it be about a week.
italianstallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 17:04   #118
tony_fry

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeners View Post
Tony

FWIW, I ordered some bits from the USA on the 14th......they show on the USPS site that they've been collected, but after that nothing.......I suspect a lot of freight is in limbo at the moment.
Hi David, not you now, everyone what to give me bad news today

Membership No 135
Old 22nd April 2010, 17:14   #119
tony_fry

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianstallion View Post
Tony it took about 3 days for any tracking info to show on mine, and that was when there were no flight disruptions. Don't bother trying to track it on the home page, go into the actual tracking page as the home page didn't work for me. Once it shows the item as dispatched there was no update for about another 4 days then all of a sudden it shows up as arrived UK customs, then cleared from customs, and then it gets delivered about a day later. I'd give it 10 - 14 days in total just to be safe, but if your fortunate it be about a week.
Thanks Fraser, Sean posted a link to EMS web site along with the tracking number, I thought I would give it a try today it been about 70 hours, since Sean gave me the tracking number, I will give it a try over the weekend, but with all the flight problems, I won't hold my breath

Membership No 135
Old 22nd April 2010, 19:34   #120
Radioguy
Banned

None

I wish I had something to add, I just don't

I also wish that we had held them back until things were more certain
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote