Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th May 2010, 00:03   #201
para999
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Para99
I received this response in regards to the DVB-T

the solution is to remove the filter device in the power line, then connect the line direct to a 12v power The filter device is the one in the small picture.

Hopefully this will resolve it.

Thanks Sean, will try that

para999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 00:10   #202
para999
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_fry View Post
If you have any questions about IGO, please feel free to ask me, I have been "playing" with it for a couple of years now, so I "do" know quite a bit about it

Thanks again!

Managed to find a setting that now 'follows' the direction I'm going and not show north. Small problem still though.... I have to manually find the GPS and set the port and baud rate everytime I turn the unit on so it can locte satellites. I have tried to get this to save so it loads automatically, but can't seem to do it!

Any ideas?
Thanks
Old 6th May 2010, 02:34   #203
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by para999 View Post
Thanks again!

Managed to find a setting that now 'follows' the direction I'm going and not show north. Small problem still though.... I have to manually find the GPS and set the port and baud rate everytime I turn the unit on so it can locte satellites. I have tried to get this to save so it loads automatically, but can't seem to do it!

Any ideas?
Thanks

You have used the supplied adapter leads haven't you?

It does seem like you dont need them but the aux & Batt leads are swapped over on the unit and the adapter converts it back so if you dont use the adapter then the unit will forget its settings when you switch off.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 02:43   #204
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Nothing is showing it's like the card is blank

I assume you can read the files on a PC ? Are you using the original supplied card or is it a copy, as the manual says some types dont work. I've found Kingston and Lexar work ok. Also make sure there are no other programs hiding on the card. I do have one card that physically doesn't seem to latch in to the reader very well, it seems to catch on something so is it properly locked in or is it just stiff in the reader?
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 06:17   #205
tony_fry
I really should get out more.......

BMW I3

Quote:
Thanks again!

Any ideas?
Thanks
If you edit the SYS.TXT file within IGO and add :-

[gps]
port="2"
baud="9600"

You might already have this, but with the wrong settings.

It should then startup okay

Membership No 135

Last edited by tony_fry; 6th May 2010 at 06:33..
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 06:40   #206
tony_fry

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lawrence View Post
I assume you can read the files on a PC ? Are you using the original supplied card or is it a copy, as the manual says some types dont work. I've found Kingston and Lexar work ok. Also make sure there are no other programs hiding on the card. I do have one card that physically doesn't seem to latch in to the reader very well, it seems to catch on something so is it properly locked in or is it just stiff in the reader?
Thanks David,

I have three different mini SD cards, which read fine in the card reader, but do not show on the head unit

The message from Sean is:-

1st email

And Yes, they responded

Regarding to SD map card, we experienced the similar situation, we have a quite simple & effective solution.
Pull out the SD card, clean the connecting finger of both SD and microSD. Then try again.

2nd email
Okay
To me it indicates that your antenna is working but for some reason it is not reading the SD Card.
Please let me put it to the factory again tonight and I will get them to pee or get off the pot.
You have been very patient

Sean

I don't know if I should take the unit apart to see if anything has come adrift with the SD card reader inside.

The unit is great apart from this BIG problem. the picture quality is much better that my existing unit, the only major downside is the TMC is not working.

Membership No 135
Old 6th May 2010, 07:21   #207
para999
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
If you edit the SYS.TXT file within IGO and add :-

[gps]
port="2"
baud="9600"

You might already have this, but with the wrong settings.

It should then startup okay
Thanks yet again Tony, Just about to go to bed after a very long night at work! Will try that as soon as I get up. Hopefully I won't mess up the settings!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------

You have used the supplied adapter leads haven't you?

It does seem like you dont need them but the aux & Batt leads are swapped over on the unit and the adapter converts it back so if you dont use the adapter then the unit will forget its settings when you switch off.

---

Hi David, yes, I did use the new leads. The radio keeps the stations stored in the memory, so guess that the power leads are the right way round.
I did originally try it without the leads when i was playing....but the steering wheel controls didn't work... Do now!

Thanks

Gordon
Old 6th May 2010, 08:21   #208
tony_fry

BMW I3

Quote:
Thanks yet again Tony, Just about to go to bed after a very long night at work! Will try that as soon as I get up. Hopefully I won't mess up the settings!

Gordon
Don't worry about the setting, they will not effect IGO, if you still have a problem, if you PM me with your sys.txt details I can have a look at it for you.

Membership No 135
Old 6th May 2010, 15:50   #209
italianstallion
Loves to post

Currently - Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Thanks David,

I have three different mini SD cards, which read fine in the card reader, but do not show on the head unit

The message from Sean is:-

1st email

And Yes, they responded

Regarding to SD map card, we experienced the similar situation, we have a quite simple & effective solution.
Pull out the SD card, clean the connecting finger of both SD and microSD. Then try again.

2nd email
Okay
To me it indicates that your antenna is working but for some reason it is not reading the SD Card.
Please let me put it to the factory again tonight and I will get them to pee or get off the pot.
You have been very patient

Sean

I don't know if I should take the unit apart to see if anything has come adrift with the SD card reader inside.

The unit is great apart from this BIG problem. the picture quality is much better that my existing unit, the only major downside is the TMC is not working.
Tony this sounds very strange. I'm sure you tried this, but there is a Sat nav setup menu for the sat nav software, and you can specify the route directory and the location of the IGO.exe file here. If you tried a different copy of IGO, then exe directory level may have changed so needs re-specifying. This is simple I've done this with lots of different copies of sat nav software on the unit and its worked every time. Like I said I'm sure you've tried this already but its worth mentioning incase you never found this option. If you card is showing completely blank in this option then I don't know what to suggest.
italianstallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 16:13   #210
tony_fry

BMW I3

[QUOTE=italianstallion;519398]Tony this sounds very strange. I'm sure you tried this, but there is a Sat nav setup menu for the sat nav software, and you can specify the route directory and the location of the IGO.exe file here. If you tried a different copy of IGO, then exe directory level may have changed so needs re-specifying. This is simple I've done this with lots of different copies of sat nav software on the unit and its worked every time. Like I said I'm sure you've tried this already but its worth mentioning incase you never found this option. If you card is showing completely blank in this option then I don't know what to suggest.[/QUOTE

Hi Fraser, I think I have tried everything. Attached is the setup screen for the SAT NAV, as you can see it does not show the "Storage Card" in the lower part of the screen, which it did before. If you can suggest anything that might help please let me know.

The Setup shows:-

Membership No 135