Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th April 2010, 12:19   #81
tony_fry
I really should get out more.......

BMW I3

Has anyone heard from Sean yet?.

We still have no update on what's happening to our orders, meant to be Dispatched yesterday/ today, its how 20:15 local time in China

And still now indication of if we are going to get a reduction of the buying price now the unit does not have TV.

Membership No 135
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 12:40   #82
Soulblighter47

Rover 75

Yeah Sean answered us all in the previous page! And think he lives in Canada so it is several hours sooner for him (about 6 hours less).
The only problem is that planes no longer flies due to the volcano, and i think EMS use planes too to ship packages. Maybe there is a lot of stuff waiting to be dispatched since the fly interdiction. Hope plane circulation will restart soon!
Soulblighter47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 12:44   #83
tony_fry

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
In fact we are Shipping today for those that confirmed the NO TV
Should have tracking either tomorrow or Monday AM
Sean
From Sean pervious message, "tracking number Sunday or Monday AM" at least we would know if the units have been dispatched.

Membership No 135
Old 19th April 2010, 13:06   #84
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_fry View Post
From Sean pervious message, "tracking number Sunday or Monday AM" at least we would know if the units have been dispatched.

Tony
I am sending tracking for many orders NOW. Several people have received them. I sent emails to EVERYONE about the TV because I don't want any surprises. I have had to co-ordinate the WHO and changes and cancellations (1 only ) I won't release the orders to physically ship until I know that the customer won't be "surprised" by no analog TV. I have yours ready but you want to know about this credit and I am trying to sort something out. Frankly, they offered me a VERY VERY Small credit but I am to bat trying to get more.
I am afraid that if you are not happy with a credit that you will not want it. I am trying to comply.
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 13:16   #85
tony_fry

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Tony
I am sending tracking for many orders NOW. Several people have received them. I sent emails to EVERYONE about the TV because I don't want any surprises. I have had to co-ordinate the WHO and changes and cancellations (1 only ) I won't release the orders to physically ship until I know that the customer won't be "surprised" by no analog TV. I have yours ready but you want to know about this credit and I am trying to sort something out. Frankly, they offered me a VERY VERY Small credit but I am to bat trying to get more.
I am afraid that if you are not happy with a credit that you will not want it. I am trying to comply.
Thanks for letting me know Sean, I look forward to receiving the email. Lets hope the problems with the factory are sorted out.

Membership No 135
Old 19th April 2010, 13:25   #86
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

Tony,Below is the actual TV tuner that was used in mine and looking at it I can't imagine that its cost to the factory is more than $4-$5.I removed mine because it was of no use to me due to the digital switch over.Don't be put off buying over a few dollars discount as it really is a good unit.

picky747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 13:37   #87
tony_fry

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by picky747 View Post
Tony,Below is the actual TV tuner that was used in mine and looking at it I can't imagine that its cost to the factory is more than $4-$5.I removed mine because it was of no use to me due to the digital switch over.Don't be put off buying over a few dollars discount as it really is a good unit.

Thanks Graham for the info, I am not worried about the TV and the "small" amount they are offering in a refund, as I already have a freeview unit, what I am miffed about is the factory knew about the problem with the TV and RDS 6 weeks ago, but they accepted the order from Sean, and "forgot" to mention the problem to him and us, there are others that paid for the unit (who wanted TV), only to be told at the last knockings that the TV would not be available with the unit.

I noticed Sean has removed the TV from his web page now, it least he is keeping us informed.

Membership No 135
Old 19th April 2010, 15:24   #88
philb37
Avid contributor

MG-ZT-T cdti

I have my tracking number, and seeing as I ordered dvb I decided to not bother with the analogue anyway.
philb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 15:34   #89
stux99
Posted a thing or two

MG3/TF Spark/ MGTF Steppy/ MG GS

Lets hope things start moving now
Old 19th April 2010, 16:09   #90
italianstallion
Loves to post

Currently - Rover 75 Saloon

Just to let people know I'm doing the installation tommorow for this unit on the Hi-Line / Harmon Kardon setup, so should have instruction on how to do this very soon.

For those who have just ordered their unit, the thing puzzling me is how the units will be delivered to the UK as their are no flights in and out of the country, and it could stay this way for a while!!

Sean any idea, I'm sure your aware of the Europe ash cloud situation? Well unless you've been buried under a rock for the past few days

Last edited by italianstallion; 19th April 2010 at 16:12..
italianstallion is offline   Reply With Quote