Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd February 2011, 17:35   #1
celicaman
Loves to post

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 1.8T

Default Which option for best sounds

I`m looking for a 75 and wondered what the basic sound system is like, also what where the upgrade options and which is the best. Did they put better audio in the Conny SE versions or did you have to pay for an upgrade from basic sounds.

Mike
celicaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 20:01   #2
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by celicaman View Post
I`m looking for a 75 and wondered what the basic sound system is like, also what where the upgrade options and which is the best. Did they put better audio in the Conny SE versions or did you have to pay for an upgrade from basic sounds.

Mike
It went like this:-

1. The standard system, using what ever radio or etc.. was installed.

2. As above, but with Harmon Kardon speakers.

3. As 1 and 2 but with an Harmon Kardon amp in the boot and with extra subs mounted on the rear parcel shelf.

Top of the ICE range was what is known as a Hi-Line system - TV + Radio + Satnav controlled /watched via an LCD screen.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2011, 17:25   #3
celicaman
Loves to post

Thanks for that
One I am picking up has No3 not sure of head unit make its a 2004 contempory SE, is this system any good
Old 7th February 2011, 17:51   #4
GT Courier
I really should get out more.......

Billy No Car

In my experience none of the standard systems are very good, but they arent bad either.

I would say depends on cost, ideally you want to rip it all out and start again, but you will be looking at £1000 to get something decent.
GT Courier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2011, 18:22   #5
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

I have just updated my speakers to the HK ones, better bass sound (without the amp) should be a lot better when I get the sub & amp fitted.
Old 7th February 2011, 18:30   #6
celicaman
Loves to post

I`ll see what its like then, not after mega bass just full sound with reasonable bass, with the HK amp and sub it should be a step above most basic car systems I would have thought ...but what do I know not had a propper listen yet LOL
Old 7th February 2011, 18:46   #7
soapy
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Contemporary Diesel Auto

Quote:
I`ll see what its like then, not after mega bass just full sound with reasonable bass, with the HK amp and sub it should be a step above most basic car systems I would have thought ...but what do I know not had a propper listen yet LOL
I personally went aftermarket and got a Sony XPLOD Mex BT 3800u great stereo lovely sound no distortion even when turned up high through my standard speakers,also built in bluetooth so you can stream music from your phone through the stereo and take calls also,usb connectivity so you can play music through a memory stick.

This one Stereo replaced my Parrot ck 3100,philips tape deck and boot mounted cd multichanger for less then £100.00,typical Sony Quality more than impressed.

Joseph Stalin.
soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2011, 18:57   #8
celicaman
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudderz71 View Post
I personally went aftermarket and got a Sony XPLOD Mex BT 3800u great stereo lovely sound no distortion even when turned up high through my standard speakers,also built in bluetooth so you can stream music from your phone through the stereo and take calls also,usb connectivity so you can play music through a memory stick.

This one Stereo replaced my Parrot ck 3100,philips tape deck and boot mounted cd multichanger for less then £100.00,typical Sony Quality more than impressed.
Yes I may do the same eventualy if I can use the HK sub and amp with an aftermarket unit.
Old 7th February 2011, 21:05   #9
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Yes I may do the same eventualy if I can use the HK sub and amp with an aftermarket unit.
That can certainly be done - read my 'how to' in this section. The HK side of things is not bad at all for an OEM fit, it was let down a little by the poor audio fed into it.

A new audio source turns the HK system into an very acceptable sound system, if you don't need 'extremely loud'.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote