Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th September 2015, 23:52   #1
ignatius59

rover 75

Default engine malfunction light

Had the clutch done at a garage, went down to collect and turned the key to find the Engine malfunction light was on. Spoke to the mechanic who said it wasn't there when they'd taken it for a test drive. Anyway I drove it around and it seemed fine. He then hooked it up to a diagnostic reader ( but not a T4) and said it was showing up as a fuel rail sensor fault. Anyway he said to drive it around for a while to see if the light wold go off. Well I have been driving around for 3 months now and it seems perfect. Runs smoothly, acceleration fine but still with the same damn engine malfunction light on.

It's not convenient tot bring it back to the same garage so I was thinking of checking it in to a local guy who apparently has some experience in dealing with Rovers. Any tips on what I should expect him to do first (don't know if he has a T4). Don't want him to go down the route of replacing expensive parts unnecessarily.

Cheers
ignatius59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2015, 02:11   #2
t5tart
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT cdti

what I would do is clear the fault codes with something like torque and a bluetooth obdII dongle and see if it reappears
it could just have been a disturbed wire that has rectified itself

you can do it yourself for a few quid

something like this will probably do it http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/U480-Car-D...item2808f06b98

or get one of these and get torque from the app store or google play

torque is the way to go in my opinion as you can run it on your phone any time and check things like coolant temp if you suspect a problem

check your sunroof drains and plenum drains http://www.buddy-icons.info/img/smile/1609.gif

t5tart is offline   Reply With Quote