Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: Wales
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th March 2016, 17:26   #11
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

Everything in early stages yet,but will be trying to make it more interesting by letting members know of what other places of interest are available near by, such as big pit blaenavon and the brecon beacons to encourage some of midlands and s/west members,to make it a family weekend away.
P.S. I am not employed by the Welsh Tourist Board.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 20:22   #12
MG Foord

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackatesme View Post
Thanks Andrew will make enquiries about what events they have planned later in year to see if members would like to make it a family day out or keep it as a car meet only. They have fun days, fishing and i think they still have a golf driving range.
John.
Any chance of any meets as far west as the Haverfordwest area ?
MG Foord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2016, 20:13   #13
steve811
Banned

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackatesme View Post
Everything in early stages yet,but will be trying to make it more interesting by letting members know of what other places of interest are available near by, such as big pit blaenavon and the brecon beacons to encourage some of midlands and s/west members,to make it a family weekend away.
P.S. I am not employed by the Welsh Tourist Board.
Best of luck to you on this! When the RS vacancy came up I was encouraged to apply. I was told in no uncertain terms that I was not welcome as an RS and that the "green team" had decided they would rather not have an RS than have me. Part of my beef with the green team is that the lack of support for anyone organising a meet is in my opinion deplorable. The old arguments about insurance and liability don't hold water and the club are quite happy to take the credit for members meets they organise, yet are not prepared to assist in any way! It is one of the reasons I use alternative forums where members do organise highly successful and supported meets.
steve811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2016, 00:25   #14
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

A few years ago I organised a National Meet at the National Botanical Gardens of Wales (to the East of Carmarthen). They were very supportive of Car Club meets at the time as they were looking into promoting their venue as a meeting place

AFAIK that is the furthest west the Club has had a meet

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2016, 13:21   #15
Yella Fella
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

None at the moment

Thanked 1,094 Times in 666 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve811 View Post
Best of luck to you on this! When the RS vacancy came up I was encouraged to apply. I was told in no uncertain terms that I was not welcome as an RS and that the "green team" had decided they would rather not have an RS than have me. Part of my beef with the green team is that the lack of support for anyone organising a meet is in my opinion deplorable. The old arguments about insurance and liability don't hold water and the club are quite happy to take the credit for members meets they organise, yet are not prepared to assist in any way! It is one of the reasons I use alternative forums where members do organise highly successful and supported meets.
I was an RS for a bit in Scotland. There is an absence of a properly thought out remit for the role. I asked for clarification;
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=176385

I'm afraid I wouldn't do it again unless there is clarity in the role. I'm an organised person and bringing this into the RS role didn't fit!

I don't often attend any of the club events now. I prefer the MGCC events which is superbly organised and well drilled.
Old 13th September 2016, 23:25   #16
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=252365

The South Wales Regional Secretary is trying to arrange a meet......

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2016, 23:47   #17
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yella Fella View Post
I was an RS for a bit in Scotland. There is an absence of a properly thought out remit for the role. I asked for clarification;
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=176385

I don't often attend any of the club events now. I prefer the MGCC events which is superbly organised and well drilled.

MGCC is a proper owners club run professionally with paid staff & with membership typically £50 per annum.

SOC is similarly run (Stag Owners Club)

I've been saying for years that this is what the 75ZT owners need desperately if this marque is going to survive

At the moment this club relies on individual members to come up with certain upgraded parts & improvements which is not sustainable as those members come & go.

All the Facebook groups have a similar unsustainable ethos.
Good for members keeping in touch and arranging meets but not effective for the preservation and new parts requisition because there is simply no investment being made.

Newbies do now!!
1. Plenum drains..all 3 or 4 year dependent
2. Cooling fan..All speeds functioning
3. Bonnet cable divider block
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 04:39   #18
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
MGCC is a proper owners club run professionally with paid staff & with membership typically £50 per annum.

I've been saying for years that this is what the 75ZT owners need desperately if this marque is going to survive

At the moment this club relies on individual members to come up with certain upgraded parts & improvements which is not sustainable as those members come & go.

Good for members keeping in touch and arranging meets but not effective for the preservation and new parts requisition because there is simply no investment being made.
I agree and this was one of the reasons why I sold my ZT and bought a Jag. I have just signed up to the JEC, cost me £50, but seem to have genuine support. Dropped out of the MGOC as their support for the modern MGs was almost totally focused on the MGF, despite their publicised commitment to the contrary.

Very brave of you Jules to post such a comment. It must be very frustrating for you, running a business centred around the ZT/75s and being a very highly trusted and respected expert on the cars, only to be thwarted by the lack of support?

Hope the subject matter/post it doesn't go badly.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 08:06   #19
Yella Fella
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

None at the moment

Thanked 1,094 Times in 666 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post

I absolutely agree with what you say. This club has excellent potential to run along the lines of the MGCC or MGOC.

I've spent the summer attending the Scottish MGCC shows and events and the difference between this club and their events/shows is night and day. I'm not being critical of this club, its just the way it is, and the RS role works for how this club wants it to work for them however, for the long term, proper procedures and role clarification must be adopted for the RS role and proper support should be provided rather than the club relying on the goodwill of each RS who all operate differently and have diffident kinds of meets or events.

Looks like Wales now has an RS so best wishes to the new RS

Last edited by Yella Fella; 14th September 2016 at 08:29..
Yella Fella is offline   Reply With Quote