Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th October 2020, 13:21   #1
geo.k23
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer CDT

Default workings of the fbh

hi all could someone please explain what is the function of the fbh and when it comes into operation does it switch on/off automatically how do i know when it is running excuse my ignorance this is my first car to have one fitted thank you for any replies
geo.k23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2020, 14:35   #2
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

it comes on when outside temperature is about 5 degrees or below and yes it comes on automatically once the engine is started and will go off automatically but there are various methods used to make it come on when you want, before you even have left the house.
It will heat the coolant but some have also wired In the cabin fan to come on.

You will hear the fbh working, it sound like a jet engine but not that loud.
Common for the cct board to have failed but frenchmike a member here repairs them.

If you can post what model yours is someone can tell you which pin you can earth to make your FBH come on when you want but you will have to disconnect the earth to make it go off as it will start and stop until the battery goes "flat" .

the fuel pump is just in front of the rear offside wheel, check this as common for the bracket to rust away and pump to rust but an normally be saved.
The fbh has its own water pump to circulate the water

oh, not unheard of for the glow plug to fail but you can service the fbh yourself.

if it does not fire up come back with what happens and someone will help but also search the forum for how to test it

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2020, 15:07   #3
geo.k23
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
it comes on when outside temperature is about 5 degrees or below and yes it comes on automatically once the engine is started and will go off automatically but there are various methods used to make it come on when you want, before you even have left the house.
It will heat the coolant but some have also wired In the cabin fan to come on.

You will hear the fbh working, it sound like a jet engine but not that loud.
Common for the cct board to have failed but frenchmike a member here repairs them.

If you can post what model yours is someone can tell you which pin you can earth to make your FBH come on when you want but you will have to disconnect the earth to make it go off as it will start and stop until the battery goes "flat" .

the fuel pump is just in front of the rear offside wheel, check this as common for the bracket to rust away and pump to rust but an normally be saved.
The fbh has its own water pump to circulate the water

oh, not unheard of for the glow plug to fail but you can service the fbh yourself.

if it does not fire up come back with what happens and someone will help but also search the forum for how to test it

macafee2
thank you macafee2 does it only come on when you start the engine i will post the model number when i get my car back that is in the trimmers getting the headlining recovered thanks again
geo.k23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2020, 14:28   #4
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo.k23 View Post
thank you macafee2 does it only come on when you start the engine i will post the model number when i get my car back that is in the trimmers getting the headlining recovered thanks again
In it's standard set up, yes only when the engine comes on.
Go flash, activate it by text message, timer or manually by earthing it.
10 -15 minutes later you have a warm engine and still enough in the battery to start it. This is not only good for you but good for the engine

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote