Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th May 2024, 08:20   #174471
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Morning. Been up since five, Ging is dayshift. Cool and grey here.

Off to the hospital this afternoon, another ultrasound on the liver . . . . been scanned more often than the Starship Enterprise!

Here's the result of being attacked by the wire brush in the drill yesterday! Wounds actually start on my first finger, up the back of my hand then up my forearm.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2024, 10:00   #174472
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Morning. Been up since five, Ging is dayshift. Cool and grey here.

Off to the hospital this afternoon, another ultrasound on the liver . . . . been scanned more often than the Starship Enterprise!

Here's the result of being attacked by the wire brush in the drill yesterday! Wounds actually start on my first finger, up the back of my hand then up my forearm.
That looks quite sore, thank goodness it didn’t need sutures.

All the best with the scan. A recent Abdominal Ultrasound scan revealed non alcoholic mild fatty liver caused by statins. We know statins prevent stroke or heart attacks but there are side effects, some unbearable. Which is the worse, the side effects or a stroke/heart attack?

A long day for you Steve,

Good luck!
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2024, 11:03   #174473
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Its not too bad Phil as long as you avoid touching it.

I had a hell of a job finding a statin with side effects I could live with, tried four (I think), most gave me intolerable muscle and joint pain. The one I settled on I still feel stiff and sore when I get up in the morning, eases after about an hour or two.

They first suspected I had a non alcoholic mild fatty liver a long time ago but the tests they did kept contradicting themselves, one showed signs, one didn't. They ended up sticking me with a knitting needle for a biopsy. By the time they finally decided I had it it was too advanced, just got to live with it.

T4 Location Map
Old 20th May 2024, 15:34   #174474
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Home again after me scan. Arrived early and, amazingly, got taken early, came out 15 mins before my appointment time. Radiographer or whatever his title is didn't exactly have the gentle touch, especially when he was up in my rib area, I think he was trying to shove the ribs out of the way, made me wince several times, still tender.

Came across a daft situation by the way. I arrived early, parked myself in the waiting room expecting to wait 25 minutes if not more. Within minutes a nurse came out "Steven" . . . . "Steven?" there were several guys in the waiting room but nobody moved so I said "Steven Surname?", "Yes" . . . . weird! Walking to the examination room she explained people had complained about the nurses calling out their surname in the waiting room . . . . what, were they working undercover

T4 Location Map

Last edited by stevestrat; 20th May 2024 at 16:15..
Old 20th May 2024, 16:28   #174475
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Shopping done & got some more compost while I was out. When I was in the greenhouse this morning a young bloke in the service road shouted have you seen a black & white dog, I said no & half an hour later I see him again looking for it. Ten minutes later a black & white collie turns up at the gates so I grabbed a piece of rope out of the garage as a lead. Playful boisterous dog but no sign of that bloke.

I asked the missus to put it on the resident's page on facebook saying anyone lost a dog ring this number.
No joy after two hours so I took it for a walk as it was getting impatient & by the time I got back he was waiting at the gate, My right knee is screaming with walking & playing with it.

Ouch! that looks painful Steve & lucky it wasn't any worse.

Just made some pan fried salmon fillets with new potatoes carrots & broccoli for tea tonight.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote