Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Humour Corner
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th October 2021, 19:33   #1
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Bad move

During the French Revolution, there was a good deal of guillotine use:

One particular day the afternoon beheadings were getting underway and there was a large crowd of people gathered to watch.

The first man brought out was a priest who the townsfolk had taken a dislike to. The executioner shoved him towards his doom, saying. "Any last words that the people might remember you by?"

The priest smiled, looked at the executioner and said. "The power of God shall spare me, for I am a holy man!"

And so he was put into the guillotine and the blade was dropped. The crowd gasped as the blade stopped mere inches from the priest's neck. Suspecting divine intervention, the priest walked free.

The executions continued however and a lawyer was brought out. He too was asked for his final words as he was shoved towards the guillotine.

The lawyer said. "The power of the law shall save me, for I have always fought for justice."

The lawyer was placed in the guillotine, the blade released and lo and behold, it stopped again before hitting his neck. Some supernatural occurrence seemed to be happening, so the lawyer walked free as well.

In one final effort to appease the crowd, a scientist was brought out to be put to death. Like the others, he was asked if he had any final words.

The scientist glanced at the guillotine, its blade gleaming in the sunlight. He glanced at the people who were eager to see if the scientist would be saved by the same mystical force that saved the other two men. He then looked at the executioner, and started laughing hysterically.

Wondering what had come over this man, the executioner asked. "What’s so funny."

The scientist, wiping the tears of laughter from his eyes, said....

"You know there's a knot in the rope, right?"

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote