Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, Grey & drizzling here.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2021, 08:00   #161302
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning all.

Sunny but with high clouds.

Hoping it will stay dry long enough to get the washing dry out on the line.

Grand day out with the CMGOC yesterday to Roskillys Farm for the cream tea. 22 cars and 41 people made the day great. Banana ran sweet.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2021, 08:28   #161303
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Morning all.

Bright and sunny here.

Ah, the wonders of modern technology .

Got back home from Quizzie's walk yesterday afternoon with only one of us wet .

Sometimes they do get the forecast right .

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2021, 10:38   #161304
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Bet you didn't see that coming.

LOL Judging by the mislabelled plants in the greenhouse a new pair of specs was long overdue

Old 30th July 2021, 08:30   #161305
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Morning all, Bloomin' heck it's quiet in here, I hope Rich is on the mend quick & I've not seen Rod or Norwich City Steve for a while, Hope there's nothing untoward & they're OK.

Still raining here & just seen another tennis ball bulge in the back bedroom ceiling since the last two days deluges I guess this 100 year old roof is showing it's age
I've just had a shedload of painkillers & got the ladders & inspection light out the garage to go up there after a couple o brews to investigate.....deep joy

Old 30th July 2021, 09:59   #161306
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Morning all, Bloomin' heck it's quiet in here, I hope Rich is on the mend quick & I've not seen Rod or Norwich City Steve for a while, Hope there's nothing untoward & they're OK.

Still raining here & just seen another tennis ball bulge in the back bedroom ceiling since the last two days deluges I guess this 100 year old roof is showing it's age
I've just had a shedload of painkillers & got the ladders & inspection light out the garage to go up there after a couple o brews to investigate.....deep joy
Morning Ian, morning all

It’s concerning me you have a bulge in your ceiling, can you get into your loft to see if the rain is coming in through the roof? Can someone else check if your not up to it?

Several years ago, at the house in North London this happened to us when the bedroom ceiling collapsed in the middle of the night. I wasn’t hurt but the ceiling had to be replaced and the roof patched up. Rods family keep him busy and Steve Georgie likes fishing, lets hope that is all there is to worry about. I dropped Richard a message.

Yesterday we swam in the sea, the waters were choppy so instead of swimming out, we swam along the shore line.

One year, I was watching the surfing and saw a swimmer struggling and go under 3 times. He had gone into the surf where he should not have been. There was no life guard and none of the surfers had seen him go under. Fortunately, I have always been a strong swimmer, BSAC diver, so went in. I could see he was all of a panic, looked exhausted and was done in. I approached from behind, towing him back to the beach, it was hard work. He was lucky I was there and fitter than I am now. Later on he treated me to a drink in the bar, a happy memory.

This afternoon, we are off swimming
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2021, 11:00   #161307
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Had a couple of water bulges present on different occasions in one of our bedroom ceilings over the years. The same bedroom each time and the same cause, the water storage tank in the loft overflowed after the rubber washer in the float valve failed. The water should have ran outside via the overflow pipe but on both occasions the end of the pipe was found within the loft after disturbance by tradesmen went unnoticed from years past. It was the main reason which prompted us to dispense with the storage tank in the loft and to opt for a combi system.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2021, 11:03   #161308
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Morning Ian, morning all

It’s concerning me you have a bulge in your ceiling, can you get into your loft to see if the rain is coming in through the roof? Can someone else check if your not up to it?

Several years ago, at the house in North London this happened to us when the bedroom ceiling collapsed in the middle of the night. I wasn’t hurt but the ceiling had to be replaced and the roof patched up. Rods family keep him busy and Steve Georgie likes fishing, lets hope that is all there is to worry about. I dropped Richard a message.

Yesterday we swam in the sea, the waters were choppy so instead of swimming out, we swam along the shore line.

One year, I was watching the surfing and saw a swimmer struggling and go under 3 times. He had gone into the surf where he should not have been. There was no life guard and none of the surfers had seen him go under. Fortunately, I have always been a strong swimmer, BSAC diver, so went in. I could see he was all of a panic, looked exhausted and was done in. I approached from behind, towing him back to the beach, it was hard work. He was lucky I was there and fitter than I am now. Later on he treated me to a drink in the bar, a happy memory.

This afternoon, we are off swimming

Morning Phil, I've been up into the attic & saw the damp patch on the tiles, a lump of mortar has fallen off & there's a small gap in the tiles, I had a bit of sand & cement in the garage so I've mixed it & trowelled it in the little gap, The cement is old & it will need doing again with some fresh sand & cement to make a proper job.
I had a length of plastic guttering so I've put one end under where the drip was & the other end at the eaves to take the water out just in case it leaks again, It'll do until I get around to doing it properly.

Old 30th July 2021, 19:19   #161309
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Arr . . . . Steve was shanghaied and forced to be the plaything of the Lady Emma's Cap'n sailing the seven seas or possibly the Norfolk Broads! Seriously, hope Steve and Rod are ok.

Evening, been "unobtainable" due to friends staying with us for a couple of days.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2021, 05:48   #161310
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Morning all, the working week has finally ended, off to kip for a few hrs now…