Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th October 2021, 12:55   #11
Scouse1958
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.5 Dealer Launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
No Paul, as the earlier replies have said it's absolute rubbish. Recover your car from that establishment immediately!

Is this your dealer launch KV6? If so, the fuel pump rarely gives trouble. A failure to operate during cranking is more likely to be the crankshaft position sensor. If the pump does operate during cranking but the car won't fire, suspect the camshaft position sensor or a poor connection to it (I had this recently).

Simon
Hi Simon its my 190 he pulled a pipe off and no fuel was getting thru so greenflag said fuel pump so he towed it to the garage, i think he is trying to rip me off over this price but going to be hard to move it from there as it wont start.

Scouse1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2021, 12:55   #12
Scouse1958
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
What was the original reason for recovery? If "not starting", descrbe how you, or the recoverers tried, i.e. Any ignition, any lights?
Greenflag pulled the pipe off in the engine and no fuel came thru

Old 28th October 2021, 13:41   #13
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse1958 View Post
Hi Simon its my 190 he pulled a pipe off and no fuel was getting thru ...
Thanks Paul. If there's no fuel delivery then it's not safe to assume that the pump has failed. You might like to give the garage a helping hand by passing on these diagnostic tests:
  1. Lift the rear seat and turn on the ignition. Does the pump run for 2 seconds? NO: follow vitesse's advice to check that 12v is reaching the pump terminals. If it isn't, substitute fuel pump relay. YES: proceed to next test.
  2. Crank the engine whilst listening for continuous pump operation (or use a meter to check for 12v at terminals). YES: check that fuel filter canister is tight but do not separate it. If it can be tightened do so and fit orange/white clip to prevent recurrence. NO: check crankshaft position sensor and wiring.

The camshaft position sensor has been ruled out as that affects only ignition, not fuel delivery. The above will determine where the problem lies.

Let us know how you get on Paul.

Simon

Last edited by SD1too; 28th October 2021 at 13:51..
SD1too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2021, 14:32   #14
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse1958 View Post
Just took a car by green flag to a garage to get the job done just rang him up he said the intank pump has failed and will cost 250 and with labout about 500 as he said the tank has to come out and he said if you can get them is this true ?

Paul
Go somewhere else they don't know what they are talking about. Do it now.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2021, 20:06   #15
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

Definitely get your car out of there!
Get someone to tow you if you have to,
apart from Kevin there are a couple more places you can go to in Essex that will be able to sort you out, no need for that garage's sort of nonsense.
Good luck, Paul.
bsafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2021, 14:28   #16
Scouse1958
Posted a thing or two

Just asked him to drop it off by wagon just charged £48 only 4 miles away but at least it gets it out of there trying to sort a company to pick it up on monday to take to kevin

Paul

Old 29th October 2021, 17:40   #17
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

Let us know how it goes.
Paul.
bsafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2021, 11:22   #18
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 auto

Over the past year I've been 'playing' alot with my fuel tank. A tad complicated to explain, but here goes.
I converted the car myself (3rs 75 I've done). Basically, it starts on petrol then after 1/2 mile or less it switchs to gas. I had a problem starting it some time back, thought it was petrol related as gas ran perfectly, but to cut a long story short, it WAS actually an lpg fault, a split diaphragm in the vapouriser.
The upshot of this was plenty of part-swapping _I have a shed full of spares), to no avail. Then someone on here suggests the orange clip on the fuel filter, in the lhs of the tank. Yes, it wasn;'t fitted, so I got one and fitted it. This was the start of the problems in the tank (and before I got to the split diaphragm). The fuel filter is difficult - or rather, tedious, to remove, needing some disassembly in situ, and care with not trapping.or dis-lodging pipes, but perfectly do-able. However it took me a few goes to master it!.
I found the filter casing had no clip fitted, and no actual filter fitted inside, so I sorted those. Then one day, I ran out of lpg (local garage pump empty), so headed off to another garage, on petrol, to fill up. Halfway there, I ran out of fuel, with 1/2 tank showing on the gauge, so the AA towed me home. He found no fuel at the front end - sound familiar?
Back home, I soon sorted it. In moving the filter, a pipe had come off. This seems to be a balancing pipe between the 2 sides of the tank, which is saddle shaped. There was no fuel in the rhs for the pump to pick up, as the pipe had been pulled off the pump. The pump is also tedious to work on, needing partial stripping whilst in the tank and care in putting back.
During this saga I had other issues such as a wire coming off in the tank, the sealing gaskets leaking slightly and more pipe problems but they all needed a bit of tlc in re-assembly.
It is possible to check for electrical continuity withinin the tank without removing either the pump or filter, which will also check the fuel garage operation. I don't have the details at hand, but can check them if needed.

Stewart
StewartIngram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2021, 11:30   #19
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default How Much Fuel in the tank?

I wonder how much fuel did the OP have in his car when this happened ? as no car will run on vapours, even more so if like above it's a saddle tank, personally any car i have i do not let it get below the 1/4 mark and never ever let it get into the red/yellow area.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2021, 14:10   #20
Scouse1958
Posted a thing or two

Hi Arctic mine was just over the half way on the tank