Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th April 2020, 15:48   #1
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts
Default Coronavirus theories

The more I hear and read about the coronavirus pandemic, the more I believe the virus wasn't a natural occurrence.

I've been reading about the Wuhan Institute of Virology, and how close this laboratory is to Wuhan's wet market.

How suspicious would it be to think that the source of the coronavirus outbreak was through accidental exposure by one of the Wuhan scientists?

The wet market could have been used as a cover up story.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2020, 16:32   #2
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

accidental?

Conspiracy, dangerous road to go down as conspiracy can become fact to some.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2020, 16:49   #3
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default It's said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
The more I hear and read about the coronavirus pandemic, the more I believe the virus wasn't a natural occurrence.

I've been reading about the Wuhan Institute of Virology, and how close this laboratory is to Wuhan's wet market.

How suspicious would it be to think that the source of the coronavirus outbreak was through accidental exposure by one of the Wuhan scientists?

The wet market could have been used as a cover up story.
It's stated that this virus was patented by the Bill Gates foundation almost three years ago, in the genetic make up of the virus it's also said that there are four markers for HIV. It also makes no sense to state that we can't catch it from animals but yet it came from dead ones, how does that figure? The current anger of world Governments towards China tend to suggest there's much more going on behind the scenes. I was talking to a dental surgeon a good few weeks ago, he said that most medical professionals accept that it is a Bio Virus and has been tested as a weapon. The race to find a cure is as large as the Ebola one was, it has to be quick and the world knows it, the issue with a cure is that we need an Antidote, not a vaccine.

Last edited by Saga Lout; 19th April 2020 at 08:12..
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2020, 17:21   #4
bigblue75
older not wiser

75 Tourer

I am no longer surprised by how quickly- and with so little prior understanding of a highly technical subject, strong beliefs can be formed from information provided by anybody with an internet connection.
A little knowledge really is a dangerous thing in the right hands.
bigblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2020, 18:30   #5
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblue75 View Post
I am no longer surprised by how quickly- and with so little prior understanding of a highly technical subject, strong beliefs can be formed from information provided by anybody with an internet connection.
A little knowledge really is a dangerous thing in the right hands.
I don't think its anybody with an internet connection, the US are conducting a full-scale investigation into whether the deadly virus "escaped" from the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

If intelligence analysts are on board, it's safe to say there is more to this virus than the current story that is being told.
Old 18th April 2020, 19:12   #6
Nobby
Aged to perfection!

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

Quote:

If intelligence analysts are on board, it's safe to say there is more to this virus than the current story that is being told.
I hope their not the same intelligence analysts that told us that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction ready to strike in 45 minutes

Sometimes I talk to myself, Then we both LAUGH!

Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2020, 21:44   #7
bigblue75
older not wiser

75 Tourer

https://parrotwizard.com
bigblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2020, 11:54   #8
Bolin
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE 4dr manual Wedgewood Blue 2 04-05/06/2001

Quote:
No, it isn't safe to say that. Of course we can expect countries outside China to do their own investigations into this, given the level of distrust between China and the West. But it doesn't mean that the virus was not a natural occurrence.

Several academics have voiced opinion that there is nothing in the genetic make-up of the virus to suggest that it was engineered.

However, a newspaper article I read (Daily Mail - yes papers sometimes get things wrong but it is not like random rumours on Facbook etc) has said that research was being conducted at that institute in Wuhun into coronaviruses and viruses in bats. IIRC it said that there were two separate institutes in Wuhun that did research into diseases.

And in 2004 there was a secondary outbreak of SARS in Beijing that was traced back to it having escaped from a research lab.

So - maybe it came from an animal into the general population or maybe it was an escaped sample from a lab. But we'll probably never know and as the genetic code was shared early on it probably doesn't matter.
"...the new Rover 75, which is a fabulous car......I think it looks fabulous....It's like sitting in a Rolls Royce......For me, this is the star of the show.....it looks so good" - J. Clarkson, motoring journalist on the launch of the Rover 75 in 1998.
Bolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2020, 13:03   #9
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
So just investigating a possibility makes the possibility a reality?

Really? Get a grip.
My grip is fine thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolin View Post

So - maybe it came from an animal into the general population or maybe it was an escaped sample from a lab. But we'll probably never know and as the genetic code was shared early on it probably doesn't matter.
Its matters greatly.

I cant see the worlds governments sitting back and accepting the history of bat virus experiments at the Wuhan laboratories, and then the outbreak of the coronavirus without serious investigations taking place.

The UK has now joined the US and other intelligence communities in looking at all possibilities as they try to establish the source of the COVID-19 outbreak.

If certain intelligence is suggesting an intern was accidentally infected while working at the Wuhan laboratory, then unknowingly spreading it among the general Wuhan population, this would indicate a human error has occurred e.g inadequate safety standards.

In 2018 officials were worried about safety and management weaknesses at these labs, so I guess it is safe to say these investigations are very much needed.
Old 19th April 2020, 12:38   #10
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

If the virus came from the wet markets, then why did it not spread decades ago? These markets have been around a very long time.