Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th January 2024, 10:30   #11
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris75 View Post
I've used Bosch for as long as I can remember , bought at Halfords for convenience ! Work well and last for ages
Bosch for me turned out to have the loudest squeak and judder.
Kev

Last edited by torque2me; 24th January 2024 at 10:32.. Reason: missing text
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2024, 11:29   #12
FrattonEnder
Avid contributor

MG ZT

I've had Michelin (utter garbage), Bosch Aerotwin (extreme amount of lift at speed), regular metal framed Bosch (squeaky) and now onto metal framed Valeo on my ZT. The regular Bosch lasted the longest before becoming smeary (18 months). Valeo are really quiet but the fittings were tricky to fit to the arms - needed a proper hefty shove to clip in.

I've got Bosch on my daughter's Mini and they are rubbish. So much judder and squeak it's untrue. How it passed the MOT with them on I've no idea.

On my old Mondeo I always had Bosch Aerotwin with no issues at all - horses for course I guess.
Old 24th January 2024, 19:16   #13
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Saw some Bosch plus wipers today on the bay .£3.00 dearer but a 5 year guarantee ! ! .... ( whatever that covers ? ) Very doubtful as usually 12 to 18 mths is about the length of service ,depending on usage of course. I did see a set of 22x21 inch wipers from a seller .. selling unipart wipers today £7.50 pair !!! Tempted , but kept thinking of the old adage : " you get what you pay for " so gave them a miss !! It turned out difficult to find a variety of manufacturers supplying the 22x21 inch flat non aero combination . I really wanted to try the michelin rainmasters arctic recommended ,but could not get the correct size. I opted in the end for the michelin extreme , in fact 2x21 inch , so i hope these fit ok without too much gap on the drivers side top screen. Marinabrian suggested these on a post a while back ,so i will give them a try. ..
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2024, 20:20   #14
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

These were the micheline extreme stealth flat type without the spoiler , so i will see how they go .
Old 26th January 2024, 13:07   #15
Busboy
Loves to post

75 tourer (facelift) 2.0 CDTi

Thanks everyone for your suggestions I have now settled on a pair of Lucas blades for £15 from Wiper blades.co.uk , I've not used Lucas blades before so thought I would give them a try, like almost everything else they probably come from the Far East anyway so we'll see only time and use will tell

One of the best of the last from the last of the best!
Produced on Valentine's day 2005 - 8 weeks before the end.
Busboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2024, 20:48   #16
aflynn

MG ZT

I've used the Valeo blades for mine. They lasted around 2 years, although I did use them to clear the frost and ice from the windscreen in the winter last year which probably did them no good. I find Ebay tends to be the cheapest, the 22" is only 4.99 here; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165701171...mis&media=COPY
aflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2024, 22:18   #17
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Silicon now is supposed to be the " long lasting " wiper choice . I think a lot of the problem stems from uncleaned windsceens , and diesel on wet road surfaces.Not to mention using wipers to gradually rub away unscraped ice on the screen whilst driving off on a bitterly cold morning .... . Still the law now says your not allowed to warm the engine before driving off, or face a fine if caught .... what a load of ..... dogs dangles . ...
Old 29th January 2024, 22:26   #18
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busboy View Post
Thanks everyone for your suggestions I have now settled on a pair of Lucas blades for £15 from Wiper blades.co.uk , I've not used Lucas blades before so thought I would give them a try, like almost everything else they probably come from the Far East anyway so we'll see only time and use will tell
Well you have got just as much chance that they will probably last as long as more expensive items. The key issues are if they are made from genuine rubber for the blades , and have ,so it seems , a layer of graphite sprayed on the rubbers. Still definitely worth a punt at that price . Lucas were years ago in many fields a top product , but alas times change, and once high quality items have given way in quality to cheaper chinese imports , to stay alive ..
Old 30th January 2024, 16:17   #19
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Trico blades now fitted from rimmers. I also have a set of valeo blades to try next. Looking at both types they look identical quality wise. I must say that the clips on the trico are made to measure and were so easy to fit , giving lock tight fitting with no play what so ever. I give the tricos 10/10 from rimmers for exact fitting. Im hoping that they wear well and will change them for the valeos when the time comes. But one thing is sure , i will re-use the fitting clips that were supplied with the tricos. Well done rimmers . ...
Old 30th January 2024, 16:46   #20
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

[QUOTE=
I've got Bosch on my daughter's Mini and they are rubbish. So much judder and squeak it's untrue. How it passed the MOT with them on I've no idea.QUOTE]

Judder and squeak is caused by the blade angle to the screen, careful twisting should sort it out.

Always use Bosch 22 on my 75
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote