Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3rd October 2021, 08:02   #11
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
I have heard that there is a marmite shortage also lemon shortage you can also bet your bottom dollar the petrol staions will be in no hurry to lower the price of fuel either, so win win for them.
Our village petrol shop (ex Austin Rover dealer) and mot station just recently closed due to the owner’s retirement and the fact that his kids wanted nothing to do with a 90 year old thriving business, sold everything iron mongery, oils, most stuff for the motorist or farmer. Has ripped the heart right out of the village it has. Open 6 days a week 8-7… His mark up on fuel, wait for it…..2 or 3p and he was regarded as being expensive by some, some had the nerve to put a fiver in and then drive to Tescos to fill up. It was a most ressasuring place driving home from work in the depths of a dark Scottish winters evening seeing the lights on and being able to fill up. When filling my tank at his place there was about Fivers difference compared to the majors which i thought was a small price to pay for having this facility on its doorstep.

Garage and shop was a goldmine of old world bits, and great quality UK made fittings, boxes and boxes of old stuff all gone to auction. I was given free dibs on some things which included an mot emission tester of all things. Sorry I’ll stop now getting all sentimental about the whole thing.

Last edited by Lovel; 3rd October 2021 at 08:49..
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote